High Blood pressure

Old 12-21-2010, 12:27 AM

My hubby takes his medication every morning after I have taken mine, I leave an oil tablet and the orange juice out for him to see and remind him, so he's good that way, but he doesn't like taking pain killers, so I have to badger him when I see he's in need of some. But yea !that's men for you !! But you've got to love ''em !

Thank God your husband was alright, and made it home ok. He knows what will happen if he forgets to take his medication again.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by jemma
his health problem--- his resposibility---do the duck thing--remind him he is an adult and you would find it very hard to manage if he had a stroke---
I agree so much with jemma, he is an adult, time he took responsibility for himself.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:18 AM

Yep thats just the kind of thing my hubby would do.Just letting you know you are not the only one out there. What would they do without us. In saying that he is still a very good husband in so many ways. I told mine he did'nt have to take the pills the alternative would at minimum be a stroke. That sorted it.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:00 AM

I put Wheat Grass Juice in my Green tea. It is known for many things...one is to lower your blood pressure. It also gives you natural energy and is known for reducing cancer...and all kinds of other stuff. Dr, Oz has an article on it along with many other well known doctors. Its not know its been studied since 1940's. You can google it and read all of its benefits.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:27 AM

Another gentle nudge might be, if you are his thinker & reminder, what would he do if you were in the hospital....or away from home for a wk or two? We all need to take care of ourselves.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:18 AM
bj

When mine remembers to take his (which he is actually very good at...I do refill his box for him) he'll come thru and tell me that he has once again thwarted my plan to get rid of him. He thinks he's so funny!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

my hubby is 20 yrs older than me and diabetic. i finally had to make him a chart to pencil in his insulin tests readings and if he took his shot. he takes about 4 a day. pills twice a day. but only if i remind him each and every time!! i had to do that but must. he just told me i could go to Houston for Xmas if i wanted to. sure honey!!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:37 AM

I have high blood pressure, I take my meds. every day. I still have days when my pressure goes up and I know when this happens. Due to this my cardiologist won't release me to the care of my family Dr. entirely, so I still do as I am told. This said, I have a friend that has had high blood pressure for years and didn't or wouldn't go to her Dr. because of this she had a very bad stroke and after 7 years still is in a wheel chair or uses a walker. She has incontinence and can't sleep in her own bed. She can't bath herself, do her own hair, or dress herself. The moral of this is do do as the Dr. tells you even when you are feeling great. You may not tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:50 AM

Glad your DH is ok. My DH likes me to remind him and I don't have to most days because he remembers, but I do check his pill container and if he has forgotten I will open the correct day and put it where he eats. He always thanks me and I will continue to do it. If he gave me a bad time I would probably not do it as I would feel the same way you do!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
my hubby is 20 yrs older than me and diabetic. i finally had to make him a chart to pencil in his insulin tests readings and if he took his shot. he takes about 4 a day. pills twice a day. but only if i remind him each and every time!! i had to do that but must. he just told me i could go to Houston for Xmas if i wanted to. sure honey!!
Diabetic people can often get a little irrational (LOL) and forgetful, has to do with blood sugar levels and they do not take "suggestions about taking shots or pills or whatever" very nicely!!! Still you would think they could be a little appreciative! Hang in there or maybe go to Houston LOL!