Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: High winds, downed trees, update and thank you

First I want to say thank you to everyone who wished us well, with the damage to our home. My daughters came on Tuesday and we got EVERYTHING moved out of the 2 rooms, and one of them ran computer wire so I am back on line :thumbup: Now it is the waiting game that we have to play. The adjuster hasn't come yet, and it could be another 2 days before he does. The construction contractors are so busy, that it will be 2 months before anyone could even start on the repairs. :thumbdown: But my DH has been busy getting the roof covered with a semi-truck tarp, so hopefully we can keep the rains out. :thumbup: And I know that they are coming, it is North Dakota, and it seems to be raining about every other day. Sure wish that we could funnel some of it to the southern states, as I understand it is really dry in that area. But, once again, I want to say thanks to all who wished us well, and we will be fine. :thumbup: :thumbup:

My DH rolled the tarp back so I could take some pictures, and this really made me want to cry. So you can see the hole and damage that the tree did.
    Name:  Attachment-235934.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  54.5 KB

Then he laid some sheets of plywood, so there would not be a depression to fill with rain when it comes. He recovered the area with a tarp. Sure hope that it works.
    Name:  Attachment-235935.jpe
Views: 46
Size:  60.4 KB

Blog Entries
    So sorry for the troubles! The waiting for insurance, estmates, workers to start,etc. is the worst, I think. It looks like your husband did a great job for a temporary fix.

Blog Entries
    Be safe, and glad everyone is OK. Things can be fixed.

Thank you for the update. Wishing you the best and hopefully the repairs can be made sooner than anticipated.

Blog Entries
    Sure hope those dudes hurry up for you. That is so frustrating waiting for people to come an appraise and then fix things like that.

Glad everyone is OKAY!! Wishing you a speedy conclusion so you can concentrate on sewing :!:

Take care...and don't let this get you down....

I am so sorry to hear about the damage! :( I pray that the workers are able to get to you sooner than they anticipate. Take care of yourself!

Blog Entries
    I am glad that you wre able to cover up the damage from the rain. Thank God you all are all right. :thumbup: You must have one strong roof to hold up that tree 8-) Take care and do some quilting ;-)

Blog Entries
    Keeping fingers crossed for you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast