Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Holmes County Road Trip!!!! >

Holmes County Road Trip!!!!

Holmes County Road Trip!!!!

Old 11-11-2011, 05:05 PM

Default Holmes County Road Trip!!!!

Went to Holmes County today with my parents and two sisters. Since my sisters and I all work for banks this was one day when we could get together and do something fun with my parents. Saw some beautiful quilts in a couple of the shops. Went to Zink's - was a little disappointed. Their fabric prices were higher than Walmart for the same thing!Plus with my hubby working for walmart we get a discount so didn't buy a whole lot there. Did get some fat quarters in some beautiful colors. And my quilting sis found me some gorgeous white that was a piece 2-3/4 yards and got it for less than $11. You can always use white. Went to Der Dutchman for lunch - yummy yummy. Even got dessert - I had dutch cherry pie. So worth the calories to spend a wonderful day with my family. Heini's cheese house was a lot of fun sampling all the different cheeses. All in all a very good day! Now back to work tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:12 PM

Glad you had a wonderful day with your family. It's also one of my favorites places to go.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:47 AM

Oh you were so close to Millers Dry Goods! Next road trip you need to circle around to there. Go up the hill into berlin, thru town headed west. Turn left at the bottom of the hill(rt557 i think) and follow it around. Go past guggisburg cheese into Charm. There is a nice little restaurant there too.

I have mixed feelings on Zincks myself. I have gotten some nice stuff there, but i don't think the prices are always the best. If you have time to dig thru the bins you can find some good deals though.One time DDs and I found 500ct. boxes of quilters pins for $1.99.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by bakermom View Post
Oh you were so close to Millers Dry Goods! Next road trip you need to circle around to there. Go up the hill into berlin, thru town headed west. Turn left at the bottom of the hill(rt557 i think) and follow it around. Go past guggisburg cheese into Charm. There is a nice little restaurant there too.

I have mixed feelings on Zincks myself. I have gotten some nice stuff there, but i don't think the prices are always the best. If you have time to dig thru the bins you can find some good deals though.One time DDs and I found 500ct. boxes of quilters pins for $1.99.
Next time I will definitely go there. This time Mom and Dad were with us and Dad was getting kinda tired so we headed home. My one sister is not a quilter so it wasn't a lot of fun for her and our parents while me and the quilting sis were in the quilt stores. Quilting sis and I are supposed to get together for a sewing day today - keeping my fingers crossed it works out. Whenever we say we are going to do this something always comes up
Old 11-18-2011, 05:59 PM

I was just there on Veterans' Day with my quilting BFF. We hit Millers, Granny's, and Somewhere Sewing along with several other shops. Stores were busy that day, but we had a lot of fun and got a lot of ideas. We go at least twice a year. Maybe we can meet some other board members there sometime!
Old 11-19-2011, 05:55 PM

Next time while in charm take your dad to Keim lumber and while he visits the lumberyard you go to quilt store. Of course I always want to go to keim's too . It is a huge store with all kinds of tools and hardware as well as lumber. the quilt store is also nice.