Home work

Old 04-20-2010, 05:07 PM
PJO

I'd like to know some of the different jobs that you work from home at to make a living or just to supplement your income.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:13 PM

sorry i don't

memathomas
Old 04-20-2010, 06:19 PM

Don't answer those ads that require you so send money to get started. Local TV station had special about those ads being SCAMS..
Old 04-20-2010, 06:42 PM

Good question. I am now on disability but would like something to do from home to suppliment my fabric addiction.
:XD: More time than money. :mrgreen:
And yes your right about the scams. To bad for those that are honest.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:56 PM

Probably your best bet would be making small items to sell.
A lady here in town is making quilted pockets to bake potatoes in the microwave. I think she is selling them for about $6 or $8.
And of course the lovely tote bags should certainly sell well.
If you sew clothing as well as quilts, people are always looking for somebody to hem up their pants, sew name patches on uniforms, etc.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:33 AM

At the moment I'm on maternity leave (errr well still waiting for the baby to arrive.. any day now), but since my pay for the next 12 months of mat leave will be just a teeny bit over half my usual work pay, I'm figuring I'll be getting into more things to sew and sell. WEll the baby has to sleep sometime right!!!!

At the moment I am working on my one of a kind flip flop tote bags that I have been selling for the last 2 years. I have another 8 bags in various stages right now.. will post photos later!

Cheers
Old 04-21-2010, 02:12 PM
PJO

Originally Posted by mom-6
Probably your best bet would be making small items to sell.
A lady here in town is making quilted pockets to bake potatoes in the microwave. I think she is selling them for about $6 or $8.
And of course the lovely tote bags should certainly sell well.
If you sew clothing as well as quilts, people are always looking for somebody to hem up their pants, sew name patches on uniforms, etc.
Good ideas, thank you. I just recently bought patterns to make walker totes and clothing protectors (adult bibs) I've also made some reversible aprons to sell at craft shows along with christmas ornaments. Aside from the sewing aspect for income, we just recently started selling items at swap meets and seem to do pretty good. I also do some LA quilting for others. Not getting rich, but every little bit helps.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:14 PM
PJO

Originally Posted by dglvr
Good question. I am now on disability but would like something to do from home to suppliment my fabric addiction.
:XD: More time than money. :mrgreen:
And yes your right about the scams. To bad for those that are honest.
I spent a lot of money on "work at home" scams before I got smart and started spending my money on material instead!! At least now I have something to show for the money spent. There surely have to be some honest work at home programs, but I certainly have never found any. If anyone knows of any will you please share??
Old 04-21-2010, 02:16 PM
PJO

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
At the moment I'm on maternity leave (errr well still waiting for the baby to arrive.. any day now), but since my pay for the next 12 months of mat leave will be just a teeny bit over half my usual work pay, I'm figuring I'll be getting into more things to sew and sell. WEll the baby has to sleep sometime right!!!!

At the moment I am working on my one of a kind flip flop tote bags that I have been selling for the last 2 years. I have another 8 bags in various stages right now.. will post photos later!

Cheers
Old 04-21-2010, 02:21 PM
PJO

Originally Posted by PJO
Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi

Cheers
Congratulations on your new baby! Hope to see pictures of baby and totes too!