Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hospital Shruggie from fleece

Blog Entries
    Great idea, your niece and mom will be in my prayers, thank you for sharing.
    Mary

Thank You for the tutorial I am going to send this to my daughter her sister-in-law is going through this. My daughter made her some head scarves because she is starting to lose her hair she is only 26 years old.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Sew very clever thanks for sharing!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

T.
    I found a couple of links to a tutorial for the Snuggies: http://www.sissonfamily.com/Sewingro...thesnuglet.pdf and http://www.instructables.com/id/Make...ggie/?ALLSTEPS
    You can cut it shorter, but the back is open. So I guess you can combine the patterns & come up with your own?

Blog Entries
    Very clever and hugs and prayers for your neice.

They say necessity is the mother of invention and you came up with a good design. Thank you and may your neice pull through this God willing.
    ABCDEFG

Thank you for sharing these instructions. I'm sure there are a lot of cancer patients and nursing home residents that would love to have these.

Prayers for your niece.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornerstone quilter View Post
    I looked in tutorials and did a search for hospital shruggie from fleece and I got sent back here. Is this the complete tutorial? Great project for keeping warm while sitting up.
    I doubt it would qualify, but making the shruggie from fleece is pretty simple because you do not have to hem anything. We did find from experience that she liked the sleeves to be loose enough she could get her blood pressure taken without a problem, also she liked being able to cross her arms and tuck one arm into the other sleeve.
    Feel free to send me a pm me if you have any other questions.
    God Bless,
    Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Mom of eight View Post
    Thank You for the tutorial I am going to send this to my daughter her sister-in-law is going through this. My daughter made her some head scarves because she is starting to lose her hair she is only 26 years old.
    Mary
    Head scarves have been this week's project--I've made 5 and have three more to do. We copied a purchased one to get the pattern. Christina likes the gathered ones that slip on like a hat (with tails). I thought about posting the pattern for that as well, but haven't done it yet.
    God Bless,
    Rachel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2