Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How to copy pictures from the 1970s? >

How to copy pictures from the 1970s?

How to copy pictures from the 1970s?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:14 AM

My husband and I use a software product called Jasc Paint Shop Pro to improve the quality of photos before printing.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:18 AM

if they can't maybe a office max or someone that does printing can tell you how or do it for you. it never hurts to ask.anymore i just scan and put them on a disc.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:02 PM

I have copied many many pictures and they all turned out great. Ask someone for help.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:45 PM

I copied quite a few at Wal-mart - all with good results.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

I have had good results at Wal-mart, CVS and Walgreens. I love the machines where you can adjust the color
Old 04-30-2013, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
Thank you so much for the quick response. I found a program on the computer (who knew!) that is copying them pretty well for me. I learn something new every day
What's the name of the program, please? I've tried lots of different things scanning certain old pictures, but the problem with them is that they have some sort of texture that the scanner picks up as a distortion. I have software that can usually fix the color somewhat, but have had no luck with that texture. Thanks for any information.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:25 AM

It's actually the program that came with my printer/scanner! Koday AiO Home Center. I can do all kinds of things to my pictures that I didn't realize I could do

Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
What's the name of the program, please? I've tried lots of different things scanning certain old pictures, but the problem with them is that they have some sort of texture that the scanner picks up as a distortion. I have software that can usually fix the color somewhat, but have had no luck with that texture. Thanks for any information.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 AM

If they are trademarked you better get approval first or you can get into some serious trouble if you are caught. I had to get permission from Olan Mills to copy some pictures of someone who passed. The only reason the gave it to me is the pictures were no longer in their archive.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
It's actually the program that came with my printer/scanner! Koday AiO Home Center. I can do all kinds of things to my pictures that I didn't realize I could do
Thanks, Raggiemom! I googled and came up with this, which appears to be a free download of the software:
http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answ.../selected/true

I haven't tried it yet because I have other printer software from HP that I'm quite happy with, and I'm afraid this might not work if you don't have a Kodak printer. I plan to keep it in mind for the next time I get frustrated trying to get a good scan of one of those textured pictures. This texture was an innovation during the 1970's that produced a matte finish on the pictures, and they were attractive when new, but usually faded. These were very common prints that we got from from any camera shop or corner drug store or mail order at that time, processed from our own camera rolls - not professional pictures, although some of those were also printed on this matte paper.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:37 PM
yel

cvs has a machine that lets you touch up pic .....sometimes it comes out better if you copy in color and sometime it is better in black and white ...look before hitting print