How did it happen?

Old 07-18-2010, 03:06 PM

This has been the strangest weekend. DH took me to Hot Springs yesterday. We went to our two favorite flea markets. I found some material at the first stop. While I was looking DH wandered off. When I found him,he was pointing out to me some quilts and commenting that some were handstitched and others were machine. I questioned as to when he started paying attention to these matters. Especially since I'm still working on my first top.

Next thing I know he is looking at the older sewing machines and commenting on them and their conditions. Now I know the "pod people" have invaded.

On the way home we stopped at one last place, with no air conditioning. It was so hot! And by the time we let he had bought me a Singer 1591 in great condition. We brought it home cleaned it up and DH has sat down and learned to use the machine. I have offered to share my sewing room as long as he repects my space. Now he's worried I'll tell his fishing buddy.

I will soon need to decide whether or not to sell this "new" machine. I really don't have room for it and I don't want it to sit and catch dust. But in the mean time, I'm going to encourage him to learn a little more about sewing.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:14 PM

What a sweet guy. Does he have any brothers? Seriously, isn't it great when you think they've been oblivious to what makes your heart race and suddenly they show you they have been paying attention to what you do. He's a keeper.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:14 PM

Hee hee hee! Soon you'll be posting photos of his quilts - or he might even start posting here himself!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

What a great guy. He has been listening hasn't he. Now you may have a quilting buddy.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Pam

YAY!!! What fun. My hubby does not want to sew or cut, but he feels a responsiblity to point out all of my flaws, like the imperfect points, does that count?
Old 07-18-2010, 04:00 PM

It counts when they pay attention!! Sweet !!
Toys are fair play ya know, how many of the Guys have toys, sports on all the time, cars, golf, fishing, nascar etc not that they can't be enjoyed by all. Cool when they notice your thing !! :)
Old 07-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

I think it is wonderful that he has been paying that much attention to your hobby :D:D:D
Old 07-18-2010, 06:20 PM
JJs
Banned

my dh used a 15 to make his first quilt - he doesn't care one whit if anybody knows! He hasn't made any more but he DOES take me to any quilt shopping I want to do - I'm not about to tell him not to!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:31 PM

We have some very dear friends...both of them sew and quilt!! I can't think of a better relationship!!!! How lucky for you! (not saying anything about my dear husband....he helps out a lot, and is an all around handyman.... :))
Old 07-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Power Poster

Aw, I think its great! BF gets all excited when he finds vintage sewing machines on Craigs list...he looks for them, lol!