Because of dust mite allergies, I wash mine about every other month. We don't have the strength to keep lifting the mattess to get it back on, so here's what I did.
-I cut the dust ruffle away from the sheet thing, leaving a couple of inches so I could fold and make it look neat and I sewed it down the length of the dust ruffle.
- Then I took some 1" elastic and sewed it to the back side of the dust ruffle near the top edge.
- Wall side. Took some white bias tape I had, and cut it a little less than the width of the mattress. Sewed velcrow to the two ends of the tape and matching velcrow to the ends of the dustruffle.
- When the dustfuffle started to sag, I cut two widths of cotton tape about 1/2 " wide the width of the mattress and slid them under the matress, one about 1/3rd down from the wallside and one another 1/3rd down. I pin the ends of the tape (with large quilt safety pins) to the dustruffle (it was sagging in those areas.
It's a snap to unpin the dust ruffle and undo the velcrow to wash it and get it back on.
I tried iron on velcrow on another dust ruffle and it would not hold; even hot glued it down and it would hot hold.
Let us know what you decide.