How do you pay your bills?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:38 AM

I pay as many bills as I can by computer. Makes it so easy. I have one that I have to mail. Keep hoping they will go electronic someday.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:56 PM

I pay some bills online with a credit card. Some of the other bills charge for paying online -- they use a third party business that handles it for them, so I would have to pay an extra fee. I don't direct debit my account; that just scares me -- too many horror stories around.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
I pay as many bills as I can by computer. Makes it so easy. I have one that I have to mail. Keep hoping they will go electronic someday.
See if your bank has a bill pay service where they will mail out a paper check for you. Mine does that, it is great.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:38 PM

I pay most of my bills by automatic deductions from my checking account. Loans, car and house payments and utility bills are all paid this way. Others like credit cards I can pay by going directly to their website and paying with an online account or PayPal. I use the USPS for all my packaging needs and am able to save on gas since it is within walking distance from my home. I am sure that in time we will loose our post office and will have to drive to the next county with a larger town and it may be a bit of an inconvenience but as long as we can still order package pickup and postage stamps online I think it will be fairly easy to adjust to.

The internet is the reason the post office is failing. But in the 1970's we all screamed for new ways to save the trees. That done, I am glad for the changes!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:23 AM

I always prefer to pay my bills online. I find it safer and time saving.