How does e-bay work?

Old 06-26-2010, 06:06 AM

I see posts/threads that say "go on e-bay"...what does this mean? I thought this was simply a place to bid on things. Please enlighten me :oops:
Old 06-26-2010, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

That is what the term "go on ebay" means, to go there, shop and bid or in some cases buy it right now :D:D:D
Old 06-26-2010, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

Ebay has become a world marketplace. They offer very good buyer protection so you don't have to worry about what you buy. for example, if you don't get what you bought, if it's bad etc. There are a lot of great fabric sellers there. Actually, I buy a lot of things there like ink for my printers, all kinds of things cheaper and easier to find than in stores. If you decide to check it out be sure to look at feedback scores on the seller. I haven't had any problems but I check anyway.
I check all sellers scores. It's easy to join, they walk you through the steps. I've been buying and selling there for about 6 years with no problems.
Hope this helps!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:34 AM

Some things are so much cheaper there that it pays to stock up. Many times, I can get 20 rotary cutter blades - 45mm - for less than the price of five, and delivered to my door. I also buy used quilting magazines, when the price (with shipping included) is less than a dollar an issue, sometimes as low as a quarter apiece.

You can set up searches to let you know when something you are after is listed at your price. Read the descriptions carefully, and be sure to ask any questions up front.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

There are so many things there. It's worth going and looking around.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by eightylady
I see posts/threads that say "go on e-bay"...what does this mean? I thought this was simply a place to bid on things. Please enlighten me :oops:
You can put whatever you are searching for in the search box, from cars to pins. And it will pull up all of what they have in that category on sale, either to bid or to buy it now. You will soon learn to be pretty specific, because there is so much there.

Words of advice-
look at the feedback score of the seller (upper right corner) to make sure his or her customers are happy. and look at the cost of shipping- sometimes sellers pad their profits with shipping cost. When you bid, make sure you are keeping shipping cost in mind, as it's easy to spend more than you might have, once you consider them.

You can also watch items. If you want to know what things are actually selling for, watch for a few weeks- then you can see what the sales price was. And remember, on eBay, everything comes back around, so if you don't get it this time, you can always try again.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by hazeljane
If you want to know what things are actually selling for, watch for a few weeks- then you can see what the sales price was. And remember, on eBay, everything comes back around, so if you don't get it this time, you can always try again.
You can use the advance search feature to find actual selling prices. Put in your description info, then scroll down to the checkbox for "completed listings". It is a quick way to determine what is worth selling there and what is not.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:32 AM

can you post web site for the blades
Old 06-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

http://cgi.ebay.com/30-OLFA-45mm-Str...item3f00f40f23