Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How Hot is Central Texas???

Banned
    Liberty Hill - Central TEXAS Hill Country
    I know it has been hot, but the 10PM news just said the heat is causing some railroad tracks in Central TX to BEND! :cry:

We've had our 49th day of 3 digit heat (107 today) & records are beginning to be broken. Rain is not predicted until MAYBE Sept. & it is the 3rd worst drought since the early 1900's they say.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Same here. WE had 113 yesterday. Don't know about the roads but the ponds and tanks here in the country are either dried up completely or have green water. WE relaly need the rain to come. My dh says it is worse than the 1980 heat days. So sad. Makes you wonder.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Same here. WE had 113 yesterday. Don't know about the roads but the ponds and tanks here in the country are either dried up completely or have green water. WE relaly need the rain to come. My dh says it is worse than the 1980 heat days. So sad. Makes you wonder.....
    Yes, it does make you wonder - the tracks were in the New Braunfels area. WOW - 113 is really bad. I'm 77 & sure don't remember summers being THIS bad. :cry:

Blog Entries
    109 here in Caddo Mill, Texas and no rain either Just stay in house and pray that we do not start having black outs with electrical

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jean1941
    109 here in Caddo Mill, Texas and no rain either Just stay in house and pray that we do not start having black outs with electrical
    SOOOO RIGHT JEAN

Oh, dear! My son and his family just moved to central Texas. Praying for rain and cooler temps for y'all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfkitty
    Oh, dear! My son and his family just moved to central Texas. Praying for rain and cooler temps for y'all.
    Hi Jane - What part did they move to?

They just had on the news tonight that critters, especially snakes are looking for food and water at peoples homes...oh my, I hate snakes! I have killed one rattler but my hubby does the rest (when he is home). This heat is hard on us all, animals too. I hope you all have air cond and that the power stays ON!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kat13
    They just had on the news tonight that critters, especially snakes are looking for food and water at peoples homes...oh my, I hate snakes! I have killed one rattler but my hubby does the rest (when he is home). This heat is hard on us all, animals too. I hope you all have air cond and that the power stays ON!!
    There have been some power outages in some of the Austin proper areas, & heard today that the DFW area has had some. When we started out w/3 digit temps of 101 didn't seem so bad, but seems every day has increased. Some parts of TX were up to 113 - 115 today.

We need one BIG prayer chain to all pray for rain for not only TX, but OK, AR, NM & western Arkansas who are also going thru some really bad droughts & high temps.

Blog Entries
    My family lives in Port Arthur area and this is the first time I've ever heard them say that they wish a hurricane would hit just so they could get some rain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast