How old is too old?

Old 10-05-2009, 08:23 AM

Its just a pair of pants...For the first about 16 years of life The thing was ladies and girls in dresses. I can remember ..." keep your legs together." As the dresses got to be less and less...it was put on a pair of pants and look and act like a lady..so I did and never looked back....thats my story and I'm sticking to it... I will be 64 this month :D

you pick your pants for the task at hand... jeans and sweats..house and yard stufff...short pants beach and recreation. dress pants church and parties, and dr visits
Old 10-05-2009, 11:32 AM

I just turned 50 in September and I will wear jeans until the day I can no longer choose clothes, maybe beyond :) My ex mother-in-law wore dresses every day from the day I met her until my father-in-law died when she was in her late 60's. I swear it wasn't a week past the funeral when she went out and bought some jeans and other slacks. She also had her hair cut short and styled very smartly. It turned out that she wasn't "allowed" to wear pants or cut her hair!!! I think many women of her age were brought up to believe it was un-ladylike to wear slacks and the men they married (some, I hate to generalize) enforced that belief.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:24 PM

Never too old for jeans. I'll be 66 this coming December. My issue is I think something has happened to the gravity of this planet. As I've gotten older, the bottom part of my womanly "pear" shape has also increased. Could be because I really enjoy food and God gave me these excellent taste buds that I put into practice every day, but I really think something is wrong with the planet.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:53 PM

Never! I'm 73 and wear them all the time. My shape is just a big shape and I don't wear tight jeans, but they're jeans none the less. My jeans have elastic waistbands for comfort but lately they all seem to be extra long, guess I'm supposed to be wearing my stilleto high heels with them instead of my crappy old sandels, LOL!

Had to laugh about the mothers who wore house dresses. My mother did and made my sisters and I wear them, we couldn't get "dressed" until we finished our house work in our pjs or house dresses. Boy how times have changed. My mother did begin wearing pants once in awhile about a year or so before she passed away at 70, she said her legs were cold. May in Jersey
Old 10-08-2009, 04:50 PM

I wear Khakis (sp) and will wear them until I can't dress myself! They are my jeans of choice. I certanly remember my grandmother wearing her dresses at home, but when she travelled, she wore slacks!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:01 PM
pal

My Dear MIL (age 102 this month) asked me to buy her some cordoroy
slacks (her first time with pants) because her legs get cold, and
Mrs. (whoever) always looks so nice in them. O.K. I always wear
slacks too - but Mrs. (whoever) always looks so nice in them.

What am I - dirt? Oh, well................... Guess I'd better LOL!