Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How To Replace Auto Needle Threader >

How To Replace Auto Needle Threader

How To Replace Auto Needle Threader

Old 07-27-2014, 12:31 PM

Default How To Replace Auto Needle Threader

I do not know where this thread should be posted but I need help. I believe the thread hook on my automatic needle threader on my Brother CE5500PRW is worn out and needs to be replaced. I have locate what I believe is the part on line ( #XA1854051 ) but I do not know if this is something I can replace myself or if I need to take it to a repair shop. Can some please tell me where I need to look to find instructions on replacing this part? I have tried several on-line sites but have come up short. I would like to do this myself if possible because (1) there is not a local repair shop within an hours drive of my home (2) it's such a cheap little machine that I could most likely replace it with a new one for less than the cost of the repair bill and (3) it's my very favorite go to machine.

Thank you for reading my post. I will appreciate any and all assistance, advice and comments.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:21 PM

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED. I feel so stupid. Help dropped by, gave it a little tug and off it came. New part has been ordered and should be here within a few days. Thanks for reading my post.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:40 PM

Betty, would like to hear if you're successful as mine doesn't work and might consider replacing it. Good luck. Gina
Old 07-28-2014, 02:21 AM
Administrator

don't feel stupid.
you exercised common sense by not jumping in if you weren't absolutely sure it didn't require professional attention.
then you had enough more sense to ask.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:48 AM

My on my brother stopped working also. So d.h. went on you tube found a video and it showed him how to fix it fast and easy all u need is a seam ripper
Old 07-28-2014, 06:42 AM

I do not have the same machine but what you asked and then answered will help more people than you know.
Good to hear you had someone to tug it out, happy sewing.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:41 AM

Fellow sewers. Husqvarna makes a needle threader that cannot be beat. It is a stand-alone (totally separate from the machine) threader. One came with my serger and the other handful of them in my sewing room were purchased at the dealer when I realized how easy to use and helpful they are.

If anyone has an auto-threader problem that doesn't have an answer, consider Husqvarna's little hand held threader.

Enjoy the rest of the day. I am going to turn out cabinets and rethink their arrangement. Yuck.

P
Old 07-29-2014, 07:51 AM

Send you a PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

My FW came with a needle threader. It works great for all my machines. Weird looking but it works!!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:07 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for this post. It inspired me to take another look at the needle threader on my old Costco brother machine. It is my favorite machine even though I have 4 vintage machines. Mine is different than the one on BETTY62's machine and once I googled what it looked like I was able to see where the tiny little hook was bent. So I bent it to look like the picture and put it back on. And I was able to thread the needle with it again!!