Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: how is your garden growing????

Not much growing here either. rain and below 70 weather

Blog Entries
    same here in CA(just outside of Yosemite north..)What the weather doesn't destroy the deer get, but I guess they have to eat too.......

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BEvora
    same here in CA(just outside of Yosemite north..)What the weather doesn't destroy the deer get, but I guess they have to eat too.......
    ONLY if we get to shoot and eat them next!

My jaw is dropping reading that some of you have ripe or almost ripe tomatoes already. We don't get those till end of August! And we haven't had much heat so far - mostly rain, rain and more rain. But it's the flooded out farmers that have my sympathy. Not great news from this province.

I have three tomatoe plants, in pots on the patio. The roma plant has two blooms on it and has more than doubled in size since I planted it about 2 weeks ago. The other two were really small when I planted them but have grown quite a bit. They are progressing. That is all that is in my makeshift garden.
    I don't garden because I have black thumb with most things.

Blog Entries
    My garden seems to be in a state of near suspended animation. It's only been in the mid 60's for a couple of weeks, so the sprouted pole beans, zucchini and tomato plants are just standing, waiting for heat. We've had round after round of torrential downpours all day today. Water is now standing in the gardens. Fortunately, we have a very sandy subsoil, so it drains pretty quickly.

Wish that I could send some of this rain to areas that need it so desperately!

Sue

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6