Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I ALMOST wish I was still in Pennsylvania!

From Baltimore, currently live in Charlotte, NC
    I do not envy those north of here who will be buried under two feet of snow this weekend, but I do love the idea of being snowbound, with a fire crackling in the fireplace, quilting my heart out. I do plan to work on my second quilt this weekend, but I'll be looking at rain, rain, rain (and fog).

Where I am in Southern California, I can keep my feet warm and dry, and look at all the snow on the mountains. Best of both worlds.

That sounds nice, sometimes. Here we are getting much much needed rain again. It's maybe in the 60's out. If I want to see snow I look up to the mountains as well and if I really wanted to play in it, just an hour or two's drive is all it takes. I'll stay here though!

Well I'll trade you for the weekend, we are expecting at least a foot of snow and our house has a fire place.

Quote Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
    Well I'll trade you for the weekend, we are expecting at least a foot of snow and our house has a fire place.
    I am just on the PA/NY border, but I don't think it will come up quite this far. I also love the snow days, don't have the fireplace though.

Deb, Do you ever go to Endless Mtn Quiltworks?? I love that place.

Here in south central PA, as usual it's too warm. The "snow" started at 2:30 with rain, and what's coming down now is very watery snow. Which means it'll freeze as the temperature gets lower. Nothing I hate more than this "wintry mix." I expect it'll mean a layer of ice under the snow for maximum treacherousness. (Yeah, I know that's not a word. It is now.)

We are supposed to get 18" to 24" (depends on which news you watch). I am ready!!!!

As of 6:30, it looks like less than an inch out there of snow. It's not snowing now. Probably very slick underneath from the rain earlier.

I just read online that it's supposed to be the worst storm in modern times. I just hope we don't lose power. Other than that, I'm looking forward to some real snow!

And, although I don't quilt daily like many of you, I will be doing some quilting this weekend!

I only wish I'd thought to get tax forms. I could be doing my taxes, too, lol.

Lisanne I am south of 80 right in the middle of the state. I am glad we are getting all snow. Even though it is 16 inches of it. I hate ice!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast