Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: I am a collector and I collect....

  1. #11
    mgshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,079
    Wonderful collections!!!!!! :D

  2. #12
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,965
    Cool collections. I collect cows.

  3. #13
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,069
    Blog Entries
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    Cool collections. I collect cows.
    So Little Hud where are the pictures??

  4. #14
    Super Member SulaBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    9,339
    Blog Entries
    1
    Your collections are wonderful!! I am drooling over each & every picture, as I view them!! :D I love to collect also. I collect figural lady powder jars from the early 1900's. They do take up a lot of space, but I wouldn't part with them, for anything!! :D :D :D :D

  5. #15
    Senior Member AtHomeSewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pacific NW USA
    Posts
    897
    Those are some beautiful items, I love the roosters!

    So...here's my "collection" I have these, as well as a huge collection of vintage ceramic boxers! :D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #16
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,069
    Blog Entries
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Your collections are wonderful!! I am drooling over each & every picture, as I view them!! :D I love to collect also. I collect figural lady powder jars from the early 1900's. They do take up a lot of space, but I wouldn't part with them, for anything!! :D :D :D :D
    My mom would love those! She used to be an antique dealer and she collects hats and gloves and anything that they used to set on a dresser like the hand held mirrors and compacts and such.
    The powder jars are popular lately. You probably have a good investment there. I don't remember what they are going for now but I know what you are talking about. They are lovely!

    My mom was a collector as I grew up with the idea of opening an antique store so I guess I absorbed a lot of my collecting bug from her.
    I have a lot of stuff stored. I keep saying I need to stop but I never will!! But I am more discerning now. It's fun to go antiqueing even when I only have a few dollars to spend!! And we love the junk shops!

  7. #17
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,069
    Blog Entries
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
    Those are some beautiful items, I love the roosters!

    So...here's my "collection" I have these, as well as a huge collection of vintage ceramic boxers! :D
    Love! love! your collection!! We had a white boxer and she tried to kill the pups so I had to try to raise them by hand. I lost all but one. I gave her to my fil and as my nephew used to say she was a kid in a dog's coat! She was big and wonderful with the kids!! She was a real character!

    So what are their names?? They are beautiful! Are they all from differant lines or are there mother and daughter anywhere there?

  8. #18
    Senior Member AtHomeSewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pacific NW USA
    Posts
    897
    They truly are wonderful, totally "collectible" :-)

    My "collection" are all related, the photo was taken last summer on a trip to San Juan Island, WA.

    Left to Right:

    Aimee, now 10 (Dam of Falon and Belle, grandma to Randi) and Aimee is "mommy's girl"!

    Randi, just turned 4 (daughter of Falon, by a boy who lives in Southern California)

    Striker, turned 12 years old in March (sire of Falon and Belle, grandpa of Randi)

    Falon, 7 years old, Mom of Randi, and then her littermate on the far right...

    Belle 7 years old who insists on being "Daddy's girl"

    I really should get some photos of my ceramic boxers!



  9. #19
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,069
    Blog Entries
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
    They truly are wonderful, totally "collectible" :-)

    My "collection" are all related, the photo was taken last summer on a trip to San Juan Island, WA.

    Left to Right:

    Aimee, now 10 (Dam of Falon and Belle, grandma to Randi) and Aimee is "mommy's girl"!

    Randi, just turned 4 (daughter of Falon, by a boy who lives in Southern California)

    Striker, turned 12 years old in March (sire of Falon and Belle, grandpa of Randi)

    Falon, 7 years old, Mom of Randi, and then her littermate on the far right...

    Belle 7 years old who insists on being "Daddy's girl"

    I really should get some photos of my ceramic boxers!


    They are an adorable collection!!!! They must be very well behaved if you took them on vacation with you!!

    We also had a brindle boxer I named Rocky for the rocky road ice cream. That is what he made me think of.

    Thank you for sharing your "collection" They are wonderful!

  10. #20
    Senior Member sewhappy57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anchorage,Alaska
    Posts
    757
    Love your collection, I to love to collect. I have a tea cup collection,pez dispensers,vanity bunnies, victorian hats and gloves, old jewelry, bowls, antique chickens, sissors, buttons, beads, beanie babies,tin signs,fishing lures, boot hooks, silverware,spoons,fruit shaped pitchers, and glass pitchers, birdhouses. OK I'll stop now.........well just one more my favorite one, FABRIC!

    P.S. At home I really love your collection too!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.