I am a nerd

Old 06-28-2009, 06:57 PM

Great minds - eeerrrrrrrr - Mare Starers - think alike -

I NEED THAT!

And QuiltyLisa offered to answer our non-nerds' questions without even being begged!

Thanks Lisa.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:22 PM

I love it Lisa!:)You can multi-quilt at any given time!:)Shop, chat, shop...I want that here too:)LOL What great experience you have and I am sure if you put yourself out there...you'd land a great job! But, w/that command center and quilting as a passion...who'd leave that center?!!LOL Skeat
Old 06-30-2009, 02:57 AM

Looks like she is ready to take over the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Impressive!

I have a laptop!! LOL
Old 06-30-2009, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
:lol: Nerds are good! :lol: My son and his fiance are planning a "nerd wedding" for next summer. Bride's mother thinks there should be a big screen and they should text ther vows. :roll: I have the wedding dress to finish. It is really pretty and sort of normal :lol: As the groom's mother-I wear beige and shut up! :lol:
I went to one of those a couple years ago... I must say it was an experience.... as the couple left the church they played the Star Wars theme song as they walked up the aisle! As the bridal party were walking into the reception room and walking to the head table they were all waving mini light sabers, the music being played during dinner was all Star Wars and Star Trek music. The cake was a Mad Hatter cake (err sorry it was a bunch of tea cup shaped cakes on different angles) and instead of a bride and groom on the top of the cake it was the action figures Princess Leah and Hans Solo and they were in fighting poses!!!!!!!!!! They had another room off to the side where they had a big screen and computer set up so you could watch a slide show of them as children, when they started dating and other events in their lives.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

And who says women can't multi task?
Old 07-01-2009, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
Originally Posted by 2 Doods
:lol: Nerds are good! :lol: My son and his fiance are planning a "nerd wedding" for next summer. Bride's mother thinks there should be a big screen and they should text ther vows. :roll: I have the wedding dress to finish. It is really pretty and sort of normal :lol: As the groom's mother-I wear beige and shut up! :lol:
I went to one of those a couple years ago... I must say it was an experience.... as the couple left the church they played the Star Wars theme song as they walked up the aisle! As the bridal party were walking into the reception room and walking to the head table they were all waving mini light sabers, the music being played during dinner was all Star Wars and Star Trek music. The cake was a Mad Hatter cake (err sorry it was a bunch of tea cup shaped cakes on different angles) and instead of a bride and groom on the top of the cake it was the action figures Princess Leah and Hans Solo and they were in fighting poses!!!!!!!!!! They had another room off to the side where they had a big screen and computer set up so you could watch a slide show of them as children, when they started dating and other events in their lives.
Whoa! That sounds a little over the top. Thankfully my son is over being that much of a "Trekkie". The one thing he asked his bride for- he wants the guys boutonniers in pocket protectors. They are getting married at a science and industry museum. There is a patio on the river that over looks the city skyline. They have to use the caterer at the museum so maybe that will be a little tame too. I'm pretty much along for the ride on this one. First thing I have been asked is to help finish the dress. I'm being extra careful not to intrude :lol:
Old 07-01-2009, 06:26 AM

Smart mom-im-law!