Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I am so confused by my new roses..

Blog Entries

I am so confused by my new roses..

DH and I are working of getting our yard and gardens finally put in. One of the most recent things DH did for me was build two planter boxes to put on either side of my new garden arch. We went out and bought climbing rose bushes to put in the planters. According to the labels, they were supposed to be a bright pink one and a bright red/orange one, and the last two in our small town. If you look at the pictures below, you will see the cause of my confusion. The first picture is the first rose on the bright pink climber. The next picture is a yellow rose, then a yellow and orange rose, then a yellow and deep orange rose. What is the confusion you ask? The last three pictures were taken Wednesday afternoon, Thursday morning, and Thursday late afternoon, and they are all the same rose! I have never seen a rose change color after blooming before. have you?
    When the two grow together over the trellis arch, it will be gorgeous, but which colors will they be?
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results are your fault. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Beautiful anyway...

Power Poster
    Yes I have seen a rose change colour. My mother's Peace rose used to do that but not as a dramatic colour change. Pretty rose and it's like getting several roses in one!

I have never seen anything like that - how lovely to get so many different variations from one flower. It will keep you guessing.

Yes, I have seen roses change color, but not as much as yours. Your "final" color wil probably red/orange, but whatever they are, they are beautiful!

How beautiful! I'd cherish it just the way it is....its a beautiful gift from God.

I'm doubly amazed that its here in the Willamette Valley --- roses are really hard to grow here with all the overcast days and rain. The heat this summer is obviously helping a lot!

How beautiful. I immediately thought of a peace rose as I read your description. You have a real treasure.

I love it want one