Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: I broke down and did it.

My husband once named a mischievous kitten "Hermes" after the Olympian God.

Thank you for all the advice. It is needed badly. It hs been about 20 yrs since I have had a cat. Oh ys, he is neutered. Little kitty cat is settling in fast. He has found his, at least for now, favorite place to sleep during the day, he sleeps on the bed at night with my toy poodle and myself. My poodle is two years old and has been trying to make friends. The kitty cat is not afraid of Heidi as he has been raised with a dog. This morning they were chasing each other around. So far he has helped me cut fabric, pin pieces together, tho I had to call a hault to that, he was trying to play with the pins, and he supervised as I sew. All is quiet right now.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats
    Blog Entries
    I had 2 pure Tonkinese cats, and the female died at 3 years old. Decided right then if I ever replaced her it would be a rescue, well don't you know, my daughters boyfriend found a tiny kitten in a CAR ENGINE. She apparently climbed there for warmth and when he heard the mewing, waited til the owner showed up to rescue her. He took her to vet and then asked my DD if I'd like her. She is a grey tabby, named Dove Bar ( for chocolate) and she is a love. A great decision! Enjoy your new friend, their antics and love will make you smile every day. Congrats!

Animals are wonderful to have around - I was gone for 1 1/2 weeks, my husband said the cats kept him company in the evenings. I'm home now and they are all in their various chosen spots napping - they knew my husband had me for company. All of ours are rescues from outside - Enjoy your new baby - My cats love to pick the pins out of the pin cushions, sleep on any pile of fabric and steal anything and everything from my sewing room.

My 8 year old Yorkie is named Booger and it's his name that is one my personalized license plate. When you read the plate, its says Texas
    Booger
    I raised him from a puppy, but have two rescues, a Pomeranian named Gucci (that was the name on her tag when she came from pound, just hours away from being put down) and another Giant Hulk of a Yorkie we name WookieDoodle.

I know your Booger is as great a joy as mine. froggyintexas
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhboxers View Post
    Welcome to the world of Furbabies. You will be surprised why you waited so long. He will give you an idea for his name. My old man, 14yo, was originally named Boomer after a team mascot but over the years it has morphed into Booger. You can probably guess why.

Laughed so hard last night. The kitty cat was chasing his tail. this is a fun time watching a dog and cat becoming friends.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Congrats our your new friend!! Cats are wonderful creatures, just be patient during the kitten stage, doesn't last forever. Too sweet, sounds like maybe his name should be "Butter" or "Scotch" for butterscotch. Enjoy and love, love, love him
    Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine

He will help you, for sure, but maybe not so much with the quilting. Keep in mind that for cats, one of the most dangerous things in your sewing room is thread if they eat it, which many want to do for some reason. One of mine is so interested in thread that she actually figured out how to find it on a machine that was folded inside a cabinet. Luckily, I caught her before she ate any of it, but she had pulled it all around the room as if she was trying to make herself a spider web.

Wishing him a long happy life with you! Let us know when he tells you what his name should be.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Blog Entries
    I have a cat called Tiggy now adays she is tig. Even the dogs know she is tig.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    here's my Loki we had for 17 years. I still miss him but have 3 cats to keep me busy now!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4