Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I don't get New Year's Day being such a big holiday >

I don't get New Year's Day being such a big holiday

I don't get New Year's Day being such a big holiday

Old 12-31-2010, 10:50 PM

Oh those were the days,,,,dancing on the tables,,,real orchestras,,,,,BYOB,,,,,breakfast at 2:00am,,,,ring in the New Year!!!! YEP!!! Those WERE the days!!! LOL
Now it's just phone calls at 12:02 from the kids wishing us Happy New Year!!! Yep,,,,,those WERE the days!!! AAHHHH!!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:58 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by trisha
Oh those were the days,,,,dancing on the tables,,,real orchestras,,,,,BYOB,,,,,breakfast at 2:00am,,,,ring in the New Year!!!! YEP!!! Those WERE the days!!! LOL
Now it's just phone calls at 12:02 from the kids wishing us Happy New Year!!! Yep,,,,,those WERE the days!!! AAHHHH!!!!
Hahahaaaa that is us 'cept I'm calling my parents at 12:01. Sending txts to everyone else!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
Sounds familiar....did get a call at 6:01 pm from youngest DD wishing my a happy New Year! :shock: Took me a little to remember that Paris, France is 6 hours ahead of us! She saw the New Year with friends in Paris and was standing under the Eiffel Tower when she called...brat! :-)
Old 01-01-2011, 07:36 AM

It's all on your own perspective :!:
Old 01-01-2011, 12:57 PM

I enjoy New Years day...just hanging out with family...the men watch football all day, the kids play in the basement, and the women sit in the kitchen and talk all afternoon.

It's a do nothing day...but it's all good because it's with family.

We always get a 6ft sub from subway and then munch on it all day...so there is no cooking!
Old 01-01-2011, 01:56 PM

We never stay up that late! To me, the new year is when a new school year starts. :-D

I remember the first time we let our kids, now 21 and 23, stay up till midnight. My son cut paper into confetti. Midnight came--they saw the ball drop--he threw his confetti--then looked at me like "That's it?" :lol:

Our kids were in Amsterdam for New Year's last year--it's sure a big deal there!