Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I finally found out what these are !!!!!!

I finally found out what these are !!!!!!

Several years ago I posted a picture of these two things I found at a thrift store. I don't think we ever found out what they were for. I suppose I had a lot of our brains ticking on this one too.....LOL

I use the pronged one a lot in my sewing room. Especially with using my hot glue gun, my fingers don't get glued together as much now.....LOL

They are candy dipping tools......

quote from the website I found them on

"Use these Wilton professional quality stainless steel Candy Dipping Tools Set to dip things into. With this 2-piece Wilton candy dipping set it is easy to dip centers fruits nuts and citrus peel to make your favorite dipped candies."
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Blog Entries
    Wow! It's great that you found out what these actually are! But, I too would have been using the "fork" for machine piecing purposes.....

Glad you found out what they are really used for. Using for hot glue sound good too.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    Glad you found out what they are really used for. Using for hot glue sound good too.
    True, I don't know how many times I have burned or glued my fingers together using my hot glue gun.....LOL

It's the same way with Super glue. All I have to do is look at that little tube and my fingers get glued together.
    I keep the round tipped one in a basket, it works well for pushing out the seams before I iron the edges of a purse or tote. Or top stitching around arm holes or collars.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I thinkthe fork would indeed make a nice stiletto. Handy tools are often multi-purpose.

Just because they were "meant" for one use does not mean that someone cannot find a better use. The creativity of a quilter!!!!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

I am now all the wiser! thanks

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    LOL the amazing things we find that we use for our sewing ..
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Don't you just love finding little things and making them into sewing/crafting gadgets!?
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

I have those in my kitchen. Since they don't get much use in there, I think I'll transfer them to my sewing room!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast