Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I finally took the plunge

About 10 years ago I wrote a mystery/ghost story and tried to get it published. I found out that it is very hard to get published because of a Catch 22. You have to have an agent to get published by any major publisher and you have to be published to get an agent. So after a lot of research I chose a self-publishing sight that had reasonable rates for both the customer and the purchaser. So if you think you would like to read a mystery that is not full of graphic violence or sex and relies solely on great storytelling pm me and I will tell you how to find my book, "A Necklace To Die For".

Good for you, there's always a way to do what we want isn't there. I'm not a mystery reader, current events and politics are all I read, but good luck to you. You should call Amazon, maybe it can be a Kindle selection or something.

That is great! There are so many more options out their for authors now-a-days.

Power Poster
    Sounds interesting. I will PM you!

Congrats on your new book. Too bad I didn't join sooner. I would've steered you to Amazon's Digital Text program or B & N's Pubit for e-books. You can also publish through Amazon's Createspace for print books. If your book is already in print, you might want to consider it the next time you need copies. Good luck with it.

My son recently published two novellas on www.smashwords.com. You can publish there (I think for free) and it can be delivered to Kindles and might be picked up by Amazon for their ebooks.

So where can we find this book to purchase???

Diannia

That's great