Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I got jalapeño juice in my eye!

Last night I was making salsa and got jalapeño juice in my eye so I tried to neutralize it with milk.... The I tried to better it by putting sugar water on my face....I finally got it to stop burning but when I woke up this morning I looked in the mirror and poof! My face is swollen and red... What the heck am I supposed to do? Any tips?

I would contact your Dr.

Benadryl in the mean time.

slowly going forward cuz' I can't find reverse
    I use allergy eye drops although with it being so irritated maybe hold off on that for a few days because they have a slight burn when you first put them in. Freeze a wet washcloth in a ziplock bag and use that for a cold compress to get the swelling to go down. It's gentler than an ice pack on delicate eye and facial areas.

yep ice pack on it and benadryl keep flushing your eye out with warm water.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibori
    I use allergy eye drops although with it being so irritated maybe hold off on that for a few days because they have a slight burn when you first put them in. Freeze a wet washcloth in a ziplock bag and use that for a cold compress to get the swelling to go down. It's gentler than an ice pack on delicate eye and facial areas.
    Even more delicate would be to wet cotton balls and freeze them. (just read about this in a magazine yesterday!)

Ouch!!!! That's no fun. Do you have any plain Saline Solution you can rinse with? Call your eye Dr and ask for any suggestions!

Blog Entries
    My son brought in a friend who's eyes were tearing badly, he had got jalapeno oil in his eyes. I keep a big bottle of Saline Solution in the fridge, after rinsing them out using the whole bottle I sent them to the ER. The doc said that the oil had burned the outer surface of his eye.
    So I would suggest that you go and have your eyes checked, an eye doctor or your regular physician can help you.

You need to go to the DR. If you burned your eye there could be long lasting problems. Don't mess around with your eyes.

Banned
    Ouch! Ice for swelling!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast