I HATE CELL PHONES!!!

Old 09-06-2010, 05:19 PM

We have Sprint. The contracts are better than most of the others and coverage in our area is great. I have unlimited everything (we have 5 phones on our contract and use less than 100 of our contracted minutes because we are rarely out of network). One of the key factors for me is I have had a business contract from the beginning (this means not the same customer service as the regular contracts). My service is great.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:31 PM

Ditto, I have family from east to west to coast lines.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:41 PM

We have had Verizon cell phones for at least 18 years and, quite truthfully, we have never considered changing. We have 5 lines on a family share plan. We purchase our phones (new every two years) from an independent Verizon store in our community. The guys in there are super and handle everything for us. I was just in there a week ago because the charging port went bad on my phone (I have been up for a new one for over a year now). I decided to go with the Droid Incredible complete with internet. Do I need internet? No. But, I decided that I wanted it. Just about everybody we know has Verizon phones so our mobile to mobile calls do not go against our 1400 shared minutes. And we have unlimited texting.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:50 PM

I have US Cellular. Have had it for 9 years and NO PROBLEMS. Free incoming everything. Customer service has always been great. Even when I am being stupid in figuring out something on the phone, they are great and don't make me feel like I have wasted their time.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:02 PM

I have Virgin Mobile and I love it! I just have to 'top-up' (add on) $20 every 3 months, which is no problem. I originally received it as a gift, with a set-up plan that does not have roaming charges, so, even tho' I have a land line, my cell phone is my long distance phone. I try not to use it for everyday calls. I use the minutes for calling my son out of town. Any time I needed assistance, they have been great, although I only need help with topping up. Service in great.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:17 PM

We have AT&T for around 15years, they are great, good coverage wherever we've traveled in the states, good customer service and hardly any dropped calls.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:22 PM

I think that choices depend on where you live. Although I am unlimited roaming and never have to pay for it on my plan my provider does not have coverage everywhere. Before I switched to what we have now we actually had AT&T (my calls were constantly dropped inside certain areas of Austin which is not a small town). Verizon just plain irritated me (their plan requirements were way too expensive in comparison to other providers). It came down to where the cell towers were placed, who's signals were boosted, etc. for us. Unfortunately, there are still places that get really horrible cell reception no matter who provides it.

Some people like prepaid phones. I found my contract was comparable to most of them. I think you might want to shop around and compare. Sometimes upfront costs end up costing more in the long run.