Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I have a question and I hope its ok here about vintage patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    I think the best place to sell these with the least hassle would be the SewItsForSale group on yahoo.groups.com . Once you join and familiarize yourself with the rules, you can simply make a post listing what is in the bundle and the price you want for the bundle. The group was created specifically for buying and selling sewing and quilting related items and there are no commissions. I will try to post a direct link:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SewIts...guid=269586551
    thank you Prism. This is exactly what I was looking for. I don't know why your post didn't come through in my email. hmmm

I bought a whole box for $2 at a Community Center sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    I bought a whole box for $2 at a Community Center sale.
    Yeah I know I have paid that for 1 and if you look online there are some that are selling in the $20 plus range on some websites.

Thanks for the info..I'm going to look into this. I'm clearing out my old clothing making items (even doubleknits)..I know I'm not well....

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    I think the best place to sell these with the least hassle would be the SewItsForSale group on yahoo.groups.com . Once you join and familiarize yourself with the rules, you can simply make a post listing what is in the bundle and the price you want for the bundle. The group was created specifically for buying and selling sewing and quilting related items and there are no commissions. I will try to post a direct link:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SewIts...guid=269586551

Thanks for this link!

Seems as if vintage clothes patterns are quite popular these days and some of them go for what I consider a large price.

Try googling vintage clothes patterns to get an idea, one page sells nothing but vintage patterns and the older the more they cost.

Good Luck!!

delma

this lady buys and sell vintage clothing and pattern contact number at bottom of page
    http://www.woodlandfarmsantiques.com...2/index11.html also here

http://sewcraftful.com/how-to/how-to...wing-patterns/ there is more if you type in buy vintage patterns in you search field

Had trouble and had to use DH, but finally got onto sew its for sell group. Thanks
    ABCDEFG

Quote Originally Posted by mountain deb View Post
    Had trouble and had to use DH, but finally got onto sew its for sell group. Thanks
    I got on it with no problem but it will just be too time consuming for me . they want each pattern listed separately with company, size , and I don't remember what all else. Not allowed to sell a big lot . I have over 130 patterns from the 40 or 50's to the 70's I just don't have time to list them all. I would be here until next month. I think I am going to try craigslist

Blog Entries
    I would email the moderator to explain your dilemma and ask if you could list them as a lot (or smaller bundles). To me, anyway, vintage patterns are different from other patterns because they appeal to vintage collectors (not necessarily to someone who needs a specific size or brand or style of item). Or perhaps they could be bundled into categories such as children's, ladies, costumes, toys, household items, that kind of thing.
    Last edited by Prism99; 01-09-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast