Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I listed my scraps on Craigslist >

I listed my scraps on Craigslist

I listed my scraps on Craigslist

Old 02-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Julianna
My friend and I had a whole table full of fabric for sale at our yard sale. We live in a rural farming area, which makes this even funnier......one middle aged lady picked up some red cotton with white cow print and asked if these cows were male or female! I assured her they were female and pointed out the udders. She bouught it and said her husband would be pleased with kitchen curtains made from it as they lived on a dairy farm. Very little of the other fabric sold and we donated it to our charity quilting league.
OMG how funny! lol
She lives on a dairy farm??????? She must not do milking hahahahaha :D:D
Old 02-27-2011, 05:31 PM

I'm consistently amazed by the amount of flakey people on CL!! Not just buyers, but sellers too. I can't tell you the amount of times I've send legitimate questions about items or that I'd like to set a time to go by etc. and they never respond. And the item is relisted again, so I know it's not sold! Very strange people out there that take the time to list items and then don't want to sell them!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:46 PM

Yeah - flakey people on CL all right -

Like the person who Thursday posted 3 DMC embroidery thread display boxes. I've sent e-mails several times in the past 4 days. Never have gotten a response. And of course the ad is still up.

Or the sewing machine ads of...wait for it...

the back of the machine...???

or only the treadle cabinet that they have painted RED and they are asking $500...HUH????
Old 02-27-2011, 05:57 PM

I've never used craig's list...sounds kinda scary.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:05 PM

On the other hand, Craigslist was good to me today!

I scored a very nice bunch of quilting fabric today by cruising craigslist. (No, not yours, I checked! LOL) $10 for two big bags of various fabrics. I've sorted it out and scored a nice big basket of quilting fabrics, a short ton of felt yardage in lots of colors and a fair smattering of knits and polys. The felt, knits, and polys will be sold off. The fabrics will be trimmed up, washed, ironed, and added to my growing stash. I'm guestimating that there are 8 or 9 yards of fabric that I'll keep. Not a bad day of scrounging!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

do you have a freecycle site in your City? in yahoo i searched freecycye for my City name and there is one. i met a lady at Blockbuster Video to give her an old T.V.
that way no one has to know my home address. much safer in the long run.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Cyn

Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
I've never used craig's list...sounds kinda scary.
me neither
Old 02-27-2011, 09:22 PM

can't believe it was such a hassle to get rid of such a treasure!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Banned

next time skip CL and go for FREECYCLE.org there is a chapter everywhere...sign up and when you it gone, put it on there!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:02 PM

i love crigstlist! im always searching for fabric. never really find anything but when i do its normaly way over priced. but i found a yardalse ad on craigslist for this last saturday. and it said something along the lines of cleaning out a storage unit hundreds of yards of fabric and as many notions imaginable. My aunt my nanny and I went and the lady was selling fabric $1 a yard $0.50 for anything under and $0.25 for anything unmarked even when you could tell it was way over a yard. and un used embroidery thread for $0.10 a spool, many unused. My nanny got over $150.00 for $10.00 20 spool of thread and more then 20 yards of fabric some debbie mumm and other higher quality fabrics. i got atleast 10 yards havent exactly measured all of it yet and 10 spools of thread for $5.00 my aunt bought even more then the both of us together for only $15.00