Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I listed my scraps on Craigslist

I listed my scraps on Craigslist for FREE. I'm not a scrappy quilt person, and generally when I finished something, I want to move on to new fabric, not continue to use the old stuff, so I had bags of scraps, and not tiny pieces either, nice sized pieces although most were under a yard. I also teach sewing and my students leave behind their fabric all the time so I had that stuff as well. I had mostly cottons, but also poly cottons, home deco, flannel, and a small amount of specialty fabrics.

I filled two 30 gal garbage bags a little more than half full - fabric is heavy! - and listed it and believe it or not, had a devil of a time getting rid of it!!

I was clear about where I lived but people kept calling that were 45 min. to an hour away. The first person never picked it up, the second person called and cancelled, the third person gave me her boyfriend's cellphone number, when I called he was at a restaurant (not with her) 10 minutes from my house but didn't want to drop by on his way home and pick it up (he said he'd have her call me).

I finally sent out emails to the rest of the people that responded (when I got 15 hits, I deleted the ad) and told them first person who called me and picked up today got it. The very last gal who emailed me called, she lived in my TOWN, and came right over and picked it up.

She emailed me later and thanked me again for the fabric and said she was already starting on a quilt for her grandson.

So, at least someone who appreciated it got it, but what a hassle!

How generous of you. Glad it went to a good home

Group members on this site LOVE to buy up scraps and also enjoy PIFs of scraps.

I can't believe you had that much trouble giving it away! So many here would have taken it from you.

Glad you founda good home for it!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziC
    I can't believe you had that much trouble giving it away! So many here would have taken it from you.
    You got that right!! I might have been one those who would have paid for shipping.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    In this economy it amazes me you had so much trouble WOW!
    Glad you found a home for it :D:D

people on CL can be funny sometimes. Amazing that you actually got a "Thank YOu" - way to go!!

Don't forget Freecycle as well.

Blog Entries
    How generous of you.

My friend and I had a whole table full of fabric for sale at our yard sale. We live in a rural farming area, which makes this even funnier......one middle aged lady picked up some red cotton with white cow print and asked if these cows were male or female! I assured her they were female and pointed out the udders. She bouught it and said her husband would be pleased with kitchen curtains made from it as they lived on a dairy farm. Very little of the other fabric sold and we donated it to our charity quilting league.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast