Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I 'm living like a hoarder. >

I 'm living like a hoarder.

I 'm living like a hoarder.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

New flooring is being put in my house (my sewing room is still intact, it already has a new floor so nothing was moved from there) so everything is crammed in to one big unused room. I can barely walk through it. Bins and furniture are stacked higher then head level. I've seen the hoarder shows on tv and just having one room like that is one big miserable feeling! It makes me stop and think about the people who live like this everyday. I can understand how their spirit is crushed and the sense of self worth is being lost living this way. I asked myself would I be completey devasted if I got rid of everything piled in this room? My answer was no, in fact I wouldn't mind at all if it all disappeared. I dread sorting and moving it all back in place. :-P I will never have new floors installed in the whole house while living in it ever again.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:09 AM

We felt the same way when we had new carpeting put in. Stuff in the bathroom stacked high even in the tub. Thank goodness some of the rooms had hardwood and tile. As we put stuff back, two bags and some other pieces went to GW.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:34 AM

I had new flooring put into the greater part of my condo about 4 years ago. It was like that - could barely move through. When it was time to put it back together, a LOT of stuff went to GW. About 2 years ago, I did the remainder - that time, I called 1-800-GOT-JUNK first. It was still a mess, but I got rid of most of what I didn't need or want right up front.