Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I MISS the board...so slow

Blog Entries
    I have dial/up and expect to be somewhat slow but I am missing so many topics and pictures...I usually can get pictures (1/2) in about one minute and now can't get them in 10 minutes. I am bummed LindaR

Blog Entries
    Can you bump your dial-up to a higher setting? Might cost a little more, but it would be worth it.

Check with your phone provider or your cable provider. Lots now provide faster DSL service for not much more then your dial up service. And you'll be suprised at just how much faster your access will be. Just a thought. Mona

Blog Entries
    We opt for no cable TV and do hi speed Internet from AT &T. Costs us about $45 a month, I think and comes on the phone bill. There are a couple of cheaper levels that are still faster then dial up. I think the cheapest one might be as low as $25 but I'm not sure. you might call your phone company and ask about DSL or other Internet services, can't hurt to see what's out there!

Blog Entries
    It's so slow here also and I have DSL. Besides that they won't send it to me. I send a note to management and they'll send it for one day and than the next day nothing. It's been crap sense the middle of last month I have to go in by one of the old days to get in to here.

google "wireless internet providers" for your area. My parents live in the country and they get a wireless internet connection . It is sent via radio waves. A grain elevator in a nearby town has an antenna and it sends waves out to customers with the system. It works great in rural areas. There is a initial setup/equipment fee, but then it's around $35/month. Check it out.

Ck with Verizon High Speed wireless...I had dial up for yrs and got a great deal with them for only a few $ more a month

Blog Entries
    Do some checking online and on the phone.. get all the options available and decide. There has to be something better out there for you!

Yes, I have high speed access, but cannot get the newsletter coming on a regular bases, its hit and miss since March 21st. I do hope the techs can fix the problem because I miss the newsletter...

I have reported it repeatly to adm & new director...they are probably tired of me reporting it...

Well for years where I live,nothing was even available,except dial up.But now my phone company TDS has it now.I love it.Great customer service,$40.00 a month.Very fast compared to dial up.I push a button,it loads.24/7 service center.Had it now 1 1/2 yrs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast