Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I Rest My Case

Are you sure that you got their ages correct?? The first one looks 70 to 80 years old.
    Marie

You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you.

I found this interesting commentary on the whole situation
    http://blisstree.com/look/nigella-la...nd-beauty-633/

to quote,

itís insinuated that attractiveness is a) the most important feature of women (above health), and b) a valid marker of someoneís overall health. They also assume that we should all be measured along the same standards of beauty (god forbid anyone actually find McKeith attractive because she doesnít have huge breasts or the facial features that have been idealized on film and tv), and they gloss over the fact that genetics play a big role in aging and attractiveness. Sound familiar? This isnít a far cry from the ridiculous weight and beauty standards promoted by advertising; both are aimed at whittling down a womanís worth and making her feel that her looks are more important than anything else.

Blog Entries
    Wow! Number 2's lifestyle makes her look so pretty!!!
    Sherri

right, it must be her lifestyle, not genetics..... BTW, the first photo was taken after 5 days in the Australian outback on a "Survivor" type show. I doubt any of us would look good in those circumstances.

It kills me when people like this are compared..not everyone is born with striking good looks...
    Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
    right, it must be her lifestyle, not genetics..... BTW, the first photo was taken after 5 days in the Australian outback on a "Survivor" type show. I doubt any of us would look good in those circumstances.
    My advice to her would be to stay out of the Australian outback. Looks like she spent a lot longer than 5 years there. Possibly almost a lifetime?
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Lady #1 also seems to be less genetically gifted as the second lady is gifted. I found out that when you have less padding-I don't think it is fat, on the forehead you wrinkle early. My husband has very thin skin on his forehead and looked 'old' when I married him at 38. (He was 38) He has deep creases around his eyes etc. I on the other hand seem to have better 'skin'. I can see which of our kids (and his by a previous marriage) take after him as far as lines etc. My oldest son, has had the forehead creases for a number of years (He's 27) and my daughter who turns 21 next month has them already. I think genetics play a huge part in how you look as you age. Sun is also very aging. I think there are many more factors, health, smoking and so on.

I watched Martha Stewart this last year on Hallmark, and she is 70! Now I know she is really photogenic, and I don't know if she has had any work done, but gee, she sure doesn't look 70 to me.
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Have you ever seen the photos of stars without makeup and special lighting? I wouldn't know Oprah if I ran into her without all that! Even beautiful stars like Sandra Bullock look like they've had a rough night being photographed without their makeup and photographic lighting. Plus, look up those two on snopes.com - it's not as cut and dried as we might think!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    I used to watch Nigella on the food network and when I heard her story about her life; I thought she deserves to be happy in life after her husband died. I have always liked her sense of humor and have lots of her cookbooks.
    That is one person in my lifetme that would so cool to have lunch with and laugh.

I'll take Door 2 please .. LOL Thanks for sharing !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

the first on is scary, I to like Nigella
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast