Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I Rest My Case

So much of it is genetics too. I had a friend and teacher who jogged, ate right, and drank very little who died from ovarian cancer at the young age of 63. I say everything in moderation and enjoy life! It is over way too quickly in this form.

It's a good laugh anyway! Yes, I will have another cupcake, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by labtechkty View Post
    It kills me when people like this are compared..not everyone is born with striking good looks...
    Wonderful answer!!

Society has conditioned us to go for the more attractive person and shun the less desirable ones.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Please pass me the butter to put on my red meat. Heavens help #1--somebody sure needs to!

Veggies, fruits, exercise, and vitamins are all well and good, but I still cook meat (yes, the red kind! ), some taters and whole wheat bread...and some chocolate now and then for a treat!
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!

Blog Entries
    One guild member has eaten nothing but fruits, grains, and vegetables for over 30 years. No animal products at all, no dairy or fish. She looks like death warmed over. All the new members think she is one of the elderly members. She is 51.
    Got fabric?

Regardless of what society thinks of the worth of big boobs, facelifts or not, makeovers or not - which lady would we most like to resemble when we look in the mirror? No. 2!!!!I always think the best that I can envision myself looking is at least 10 years younger! LOL. I have high self esteem but I would prefer that parts of my face and body did not tend to droop closer toward the floor every morning when I wake up. When I reach the famous 80th birthday I will probably be able to staple dixie cups to my belt and forget the bra and who knows what depths the eye lids will have reached.By then I can use body paint on my ear lobes and start a new dangle fashion and let's not even talk about where the hips are going. Old age has hit me at a bad time in my life.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    One guild member has eaten nothing but fruits, grains, and vegetables for over 30 years. No animal products at all, no dairy or fish. She looks like death warmed over. All the new members think she is one of the elderly members. She is 51.
    What part of the fact that protein is the building block of the body's cells does the world not understand? Very few of us can live truly healthily without good protein. No wonder she looks like death warmed over!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Blog Entries
    I love to watch Nigella on tv. She always appears happy.

Blog Entries
    Healthy always looks better with a good looking smile, good hair do, some make up and pretty clothes.
    Got fabric?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast