Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I scored too this week!

I scored too this week!

I went to a quilter's garage sale this morning and found beautiful stuff. A young woman was selling her DGM's stuff. The fabric was priced $2 per yard, wonderful quality that I usually don't let myself buy at LQS. I bought about 40 yards total, some beautiful asian prints among them. Sorry no pictures, I can't seem to upload them today.
    She is also selling a Janome 6500 and a Brother innovis 2500D. I made her an offer on the Brother machine (gave her a card with my name, phone etc and what I could pay) and told her what I know about both machines (all good). I don't expect to get the machine at the price I offered as I was honest with her and told her what the "new" price was. I suggested she take offers during the sale and if she doesn't get what she thinks the price should be to try ebay.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you scored big! I never find fabric like that at a garage sale. Here, it is mostly baby clothes, toys and household items. Nothing fun!!

Nice find... and who among us couldn't use more fabric?
    Shannon

We have looked for fabric at garage sales, too, and it's few and far between. One place advertised it, but it was "not good stuff".
    D

Congrats on your find! I think I'm unaddicted, I turned down fabric for $1.00 a bag.
    If you choose the behavior, you accept the consequences...Dr. Phil

Power Poster
    Good for you!!!! Enjoy!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Congrats !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Power Poster
    That is just a nice thing for you to find some good fabric and hope the machine works out also.

Blog Entries
    The last time I "scored" at a garage sale, it cost my hubby $8000! We were at a moving sale (quilter) and she had her Gammill longarm for sale. I didn't really expect to buy it - had seen it advertised on craigslist earlier. My hubby and I were at her sale first thing in the morning and someone came downstairs and asked if the Gammill was really for sale - it had a sign on it ...

My husband's eyes lit up and he asked me if I wanted it - long story short, I now own it and I had to sell the pool table so we would have a place to set it up in the family room. I am learning how to use it this past year and wish I had purchased all the extra's they had - they had thread and templates, etc. If I had known then what I know now, they would be mine too. Oh well ...