Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I should be happy but......

My only baby is 21 today. I should be happy but I feel like i am losing her forever. It is like a stranger is due to take her place but I want my baby back. No I don't mean ribs!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh you are both just beautiful! It's hard to lose your baby but I know from experience that you will gain a very close friend and that's a wonderful stage of life too.

I know exactly how you feel!
    I love that pic of the 2 of you!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That is a great photo, K. Believe it or not, you will be closer as adults, because you will have the same perspective. Mom and I have a ball traveling together. Speaking of which, be afraid, be very afraid, because we go north every year!!!!

My only daughter is 21. I felt like I was loosing her too, but I got a friend instead. We can talk for hours and not run out of topics. She has matured so much lately, but inside she is still my little girl, and I can see both phases of her. I enjoy her much more now.

Maria

Oh to be 21 again and have my Mom! She was a wise woman, and I miss her. Your daughter and you will grow closer and you will grow wiser! :lol:

Such a nice picture of the two of you. Been there and done that with kids. Now you get to sit back and marvel at the young adult that you helped form. Enjoy!

Oh my, both of you are just beautiful!!

My "baby" turned 38 this year! But somewhere along the way, she also became my best friend...and gave me grandchildren!

kwhite, Since I thought I saw a pic of the little girls on your thread one time so that I thought your kids should be little and I got ....... in TDL!! LOL, Hope you would like it though...LOL Could be a BIIG surprise anyways.

Panda

Now, it gets interesting!
    Remember when she was little and she would bring little "finds" to ooh and ahh over?
    She will still do that - - the little "finds" just won't be so little, and they may be a big surprise as she shows you the stuff she is made of.
    It really is just a matter of perspective ... she is leaving OR she is off to find something to show you ... and, will be back .... OFTEN!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast