I think I need a vacation!

Old 05-06-2010, 05:05 AM

I am so unmotivated today! I need to get the kids working on school, need to clean the kitchen, and so on. Dh is coming home tonight too. Instead I'm just sitting here putting everything off. What I would like to do is send everyone off for the weekend, call in for a pizza or two so I don't have to cook and just sew all weekend! I bet I could actually finish this quilt top! But that's not gonna happen so I guess I need to get up and get this stuff done. Summer is coming soon and school will be done so I will have some free time.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
I am so unmotivated today! I need to get the kids working on school, need to clean the kitchen, and so on. Dh is coming home tonight too. Instead I'm just sitting here putting everything off. What I would like to do is send everyone off for the weekend, call in for a pizza or two so I don't have to cook and just sew all weekend! I bet I could actually finish this quilt top! But that's not gonna happen so I guess I need to get up and get this stuff done. Summer is coming soon and school will be done so I will have some free time.
I agree. I have a dress to make before Fri. night, two quilt blocks to make before Sat. morn., two I should have gone to class for yesterday and forgot, laundry to do, house to clean, groceries to buy, etc. I just can't seem to get motivated. This usually happens when I get sick and my allergies are really acting up. I've been having to eat Benedryl just to breathe. All I want to do is go to bed. AND I've got just two days to get better, I'm going to get to meet Judy Martin at a trunk show/presentation/grand opening Friday night and really want to feel good. I'm also trying to get ready for vacation, we're leaving on the 27th, packing, planning, etc. all falls on me.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:31 AM
Banned

A womans work is never done! :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47806.gif  
Old 05-06-2010, 05:32 AM

well I can't even claim allergies as my reason! Just pure tired of my routine is all I can say. Weekends are hard. I love having dh home but we are on completely different schedules! he goes to bed at like 9pm and I'm never in bed before 12. My sewing area is in our bedroom too. If he ever works close enough to be at home I may have to move a sewing machine out so I have something to do at night! lol!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:41 AM

LOL my husband is disabled, I'm retired and we still don't have the same schedules! He sleeps till noon and goes to bed around 1-2am. I go to bed between 9-12pm and get up between 4-6am. I get up every morning to get a few things done before getting DD off to school. (late in life baby) He talks to his brother about RC planes EVERY night for at least 2 hrs on speaker phone. Since they're both getting a little old they sort of yell back and forth. They don't call each other until 10:40 pm when his brother gets home from work. During the week DD and I sleep upstairs so we don't have to listen to them. LOL I know it sounds strange but it works for us. He enjoys his brother and we enjoy our sleep.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:01 AM

Come to my house and we can just lock the door on the guest house. Drink coffee and sew or just laze.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

Every now and then it is good to switch things up :wink: So today move your schedual around. Do things in a different order, or don't do it at all. But be warned it will be there waiting for you tomorrow :cry: LOL
Old 05-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Oh gosh I so know the feeling. Little man has been sick and when he is sick he sticks to me and tells everyone I love my Mommy otherwise he is Daddy's little boy. I am so exhausted, sewgull I am on my way get the coffee ready.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:26 AM

I think I found a solution!!!! Last week a "mini double wedding ring" template set was posted for sale. I bought it.
Praise the Lord, it arrived today and now I'm in the mood to create something! I'm still sick but at least I've got my "want to" back. This is so exciting!!! As soon as I get some laundry started I'm going to do my "have to" sewing so that I can start on these.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Every now and then it is good to switch things up :wink: So today move your schedual around. Do things in a different order, or don't do it at all. But be warned it will be there waiting for you tomorrow :cry: LOL
Isn't that the truth? Laundry, housework, responsiblilities are more faithful than the most trustworthy spouse. A spouse will eventually complain if they have to wait too long but those other things have all the patience in the world and will just sit quietly and wait for you. Oh, they'll grow at an alarming rate but they won't say a word.