Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I took a few days off and look what I got:

Looks like something that will last for a long time. I had one son that loved rocking on a horse and I would hear him in the middle of the night rocking on it. Would have to get up and put him back to bed many times!!!

Pat in MN

Blog Entries
    Success! It is wonderful. My daughter would have loved that when she was little. You are one awesome grandma.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful! Love the horse.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Beautiful piece of work.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    mammab: very nice looking horse .. Hope all enjoys it !! Thanks for sharing ...
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mammab View Post
    Right after Christmas I took a few days off from quilting to make this rocking horse for my DGD. My son said he would like one like the one he used as a child because it is indestructible. Since another DGD is using the original, I outlined the parts, traced them onto the wood and cut it out. I sanded, and test fitted it (think design wall 3D) before I put it in my luggage to take to Singapore and put it together finally. It was fun to do and I hope she and her big sister get a lot of use from it. It will be awhile before baby is old enough to ride it, but easier (or at least less expensive) to take than to ship later.
    So nice to have good stuff that will last and last.I love it,I know the kids will also and have great fun.You did an awesome job,very handy to have a carpender in the family.LOL
    Singer 110 , Singer 7422,Singer AH458923, Singer AD075758, Singer 5528 Singer AE234907, Universal H300795 Kenmore 158.16540, Necchi 3354, Dressmaker S2402, Signature 103-303340, BICOR VX1005

How wonderful a Grandma gift!!!
    You just reminded me to go digging in my attic...I think I still have my boy's horse up there...and a little granddaughter who whould just LOVE IT!!!
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

What a wonderful gift.

What a hoot to think that horsie traveled in your luggage! The girl's steed is magnificent and so are you!

Grama of the Month!!

What a wonderful gift. I have a scroll saw in the shop, but I have so many quilting projects as well as other sewing stuff to do. I never can find the time to use the beasty.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast