Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ideas for reclining chair cover

Blog Entries

Question ideas for reclining chair cover

The family is very rough on the arms and back of the chair. I have some left-over draperies (valances) and was thinking of using them. One is wide enough to drape down the back but would have to put a "hood" on it to hold it on. Also any ideas to hold on the arms.

I have not made one, but remember seeing a picture of a chair cover that was all one piece, shaped like a cross. The vertical part covered the front, the seat and over the back and the horizontal part was attached at the seat area and went up and over the arms.

Maybe someone will have a picture of one.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    That looks good. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    There is a very good tutorial on this Board for Quilted Recliner covers. Go to "Archives" on the bottom of this page, then open Tutorials. Go down to about #130 or thereabouts and open "Quilted Recliner Slipcover Tutorial." It is by AnitaST on 01-10-2012. She explains it very well and has excellent pictures. Hope this helps. I plan to make one myself for my recliner.

I used a flannel lap blanket and made a big pillow case type cover for the back of my husband's recliner, easy to take off to wash.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    This looks doable.
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Our couch came with arm covers, and I put some corkscrew upholstery pins like these into the corners: http://www.amazon.com/Dritz-9070-Uph...pholstery+pins

They have been in place for years and never move unless I take the pins out. They need to be on the back or sides where people's hands don't make contact, our they'll fiddle with them. I have also used these pins to hold bed skirts in place so they don't shift and sag.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Blog Entries
    I read all the idea and wanted to use a really nice set of valances I inherited and cut them up and this is what I came up with. It is a beginners attempt but guess it will serve the purpose and use up something. Trying to get a pic on.