Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If you have a Facebook page please do this >

If you have a Facebook page please do this

If you have a Facebook page please do this

Old 11-22-2017, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Default If you have a Facebook page please do this

Several quilting friends have died and there is no way for the family to have access to the Facebook pages because they don't have the password. Facebook will not reveal it without court order and then it has to be for a crime. There is a setting in Facebook that allows you to have a Facebook beneficiary. The person you designate has access to all your facebook photo, posts, files, etc Even if you don't have much on your page it will prevent future Facebook posts to pop up saying it's your Birthday, memories, tags, and such that usually get posted automatically.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:42 AM
Power Poster

Thanks, I was not aware of that.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:09 AM

Interesting . . . I don't use FB but I do have several online accounts to forums, etc. I keep an address book locked in my file cabinet that has all my user name/password info. I do all of our financial stuff and I keep the book mostly so my husband will be able to access accounts if something happens to me.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:14 AM

I have my passwords in a book too. don't know what my poor hubby would do with out that book. He has a short memory, and is always (at least once a week) going to look one of them up...
Old 11-23-2017, 06:00 AM

This is the notebook I use. It is simply wonderful. I bought several as little token gifts for the 'wine & whine' girls a couple of years ago as well. No more little slips of paper that disappear. I picked these up at the local Hallmark store. Those are few and far in this area any longer but looks as though you can buy direct from this link.

Hmmm. Might be time to purchase some more as gifts. And btw, I always fill out info in pencil for those times when passwords/logins need to change.

https://www.thepaperstore.com/p/c-g-...rd/25697100005
Old 11-23-2017, 06:13 AM

I've always used an old address book.

Funny to look back sometimes at old sites I've used. A life in internet time.
I've been online since 1996

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 11-23-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

pencil, that is the key. thanks for mentioning that. i too have a list but in ink. must rewrite it anyway. Facebook passwords also should be on the list. I don't have one though..
Old 11-23-2017, 09:44 AM

When my sister passed away 4 years ago, we were not able to deactivate her account. One sister was really troubled by this, but I don’t mind the birthday reminders. A friend passed away several years ago and her sister has intentionally kept it active and posts messages to her dearly departed regularly. I think I’d like mine deactivated. I keep many usernames/passwords in ‘Notes’ on my iPad. Kids know where to find it and pw to the iPad. I even keep some of theirs there. This was really good info about beneficiary! I shared with my DD, sitting next to me since she’s home for Thanksgiving.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:45 AM

Good information to know. I have a facebook account but seldom use it but still....
I have a 4 x 6" looseleaf notebook with a set of alphabet tab cards. I keep all my information in it. I try to put no more than 3 sites with user names and passwords on a page. That way if I drop one or change the information, IF I want to, I can easily rewrite the page. It is easy to find the password/user name I need since I can organize them alphabetically.
I bought the notebook, paper refills, and index tabs from Amazon.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:01 PM

I use Dashlane password manager so I don't have to remember individual passwords. Two trusted friends have the master password to Dashlane so they can get on all my accounts if something happens to me. Plus I put the password in my "in case of death" folder.