Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: if you live near the coast of MAINE, i'd like some info please

we are planning a trip to maine the 2nd week of september. the only reason is because my husband loves lobster, so we are driving there so he can eat lobster. so my question for you is, where do we go? we plan on staying over a night or two, so do you have any recommendations? i was looking on the web site for the state, but since i don't know the area, it's not real easy to figure it out. if you will, i could look up individual spots if any of you have any suggestions! thanks a bunch. barb

Blog Entries
    We loved Booth Bay

People from everywhere eat at Newick's. There's one in S. Portland. http://www.newicks.com/sopo.html

I second Booth Bay...you won't regret it...There's a hotel right in the middle of their small town...on the water..
    I think it's Wharf Inn. Dinner at the Thistle Hse...the best...

can you make it to Acadia National Park? Well worth taking in.

Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts
    can you make it to Acadia National Park? Well worth taking in.
    Oh man, I just came back from there.....I hated to leave.

Sewing by the Sea in Trenton - Kathy Stanley is the owner, she is so great! Mardin's is another good fabric place to stop at. As for lodging, I stayed at the Best Western in Acadia park. Carol is the breakfast manager - she is so very helpful!

I also 3rd Booth Bay. The Lobsterman's co-op is great place for no frills lobstah. Acadia National Park is a MUST see. You are traveling quite a ways so make sure you go the extra distance and go see Acadia. There are tons of great places along the coast for seafood. Just south of Portland in Saco, is Baily's they have such good food there, fried clams, lobster, clam chowdah YUMMM. I always eat myself sick there and never regret it. I love going to Maine for seafood. And the views are just spectacular.

Blog Entries
    Wiscasettet..on Rt. I...eat lobster and steamed clams outside on the shore or lobster rolls at Red's...or fried clams at Sea Basket....all in the same area

Quote Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    I second Booth Bay...you won't regret it...There's a hotel right in the middle of their small town...on the water..
    I think it's Wharf Inn. Dinner at the Thistle Hse...the best...
    Husband says it's "Fisherman's Wharf Motel"

We have vacationed in Kennebunkport Maine since I was a kid. My father went since the 1950's. It is an awesome place. The beach is beautiful. The shops in Kennebunkport are nice (it's a nice place to wander around). Great place to stop. Also, there is a church where the service is outdoors overlooking the ocean (I think it is St. Anne's by the Sea, but not sure of the name). The Tides is a nice Inn and restaurant right across the street from the ocean. A bit pricey during the season but I think you are going off season. Have fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast