IF YOU LIVE in Phoenix, AZ

Old 04-12-2014, 09:06 AM

Default IF YOU LIVE in Phoenix, AZ

IF YOU LIVE in Phoenix, AZ

what are your likes about the area.
what are your dislikes ?
Old 04-12-2014, 06:08 PM

Low humidity. But don't move to Phoenix for all year. I lived in Phoenix for 14 years and chose to live in the Prescott area. Little snow. Much cooler than Phoenix. I live north of Chino Valley and our weather is close to Flagstaff ... but definitely not their snow. I chose to not go to Payson area due to lots of pines and forest fire possibilities. We have dust and wind. Pros and Cons every where. I had breast cancer and had wonderful doctors up here...amazingly so vs. Phoenix. But Mayo Clinic is within 2 hour drive.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:59 PM

Hi, I lived in Phoenix for 29 yrs and then we moved to Cottonwood AZ. and have lived here for 28 yrs. Phoenix has gotten Hotter and Hotter. You cannot hardly stand it June through Oct. It has gotten hotter her also. we are 100 miles north of Phoenix and the elevation is 3200. Considered hight dessert. We are located 60 miles south of Flagstaff and 60 east of Prescott. This area is considered the Verde Valley. Sedona which is a tourist town is about 14 miles from us. It is red rocks and beautiful. In the summer months it is only maybe 5 degrees different than Phoenix and Cottonwood. It is a little cooler in the mornings and evenings. I don't know where the best place to live is except the climate in SanDiego seems to be perfect but there is too many people. We don't stay here when it is hot. We go to the mountains in Eastern Arizona. you can make a living in Phoenix if you don't melt. Suzanne You know you can fry an egg on the side walk and it would probably burn. You Know I was in Phoenix just a week or so ago and I saw a tree looking for a dog. LOL
Old 04-12-2014, 08:07 PM

I live in Gilbert a town 25 miles SE of downtown Phoenix. What I love about the area; blue sky bright sunlight nearly every day; it makes me feel alive and that I want to be active. There is so much to do here; so much to explore and driving just a short distance of an hour or two will completely change the landscape, i.e. hills vs flat, trees rather than cactus, higher or lower temperatures, etc. Where I live it is a mixture of large farms with either hay or dairy cattle and a couple minutes further down the road is a shopping center. Also - nothing in the world smells as fresh or clean as the desert after it rains. It's fabulous!

What I don't love are the summer temperatures - at 115 degrees it is hot! Is doesn't matter if there is high or low humidity - it's plain old hot! Summer thunderstorms are a regular occurrence and that's rough when you have dogs that are afraid of loud noises and lightening in the sky. Dust storms are no fun either - called haboob - it is a wall of thick heavy dust rising 2-3 thousand feet into the air, turning day into night, and leaving one heck of a mess on the ground. (try cleaning a swimming pool with an inch of dirt on the floor of the pool.....) Lastly - Phoenix is a very large city and I detest the level of crime.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:53 AM

Love it in the winter. Summers are unbearable.
Have moved to the Show Low area with pines. Cold winters but the snow is not that bad and never deep.
3 hours to Phx and relatives to visit.
If I could would move to Prescott. It is the best place in AZ.