IF YOU LIVE in Texas

Old 04-12-2014, 09:06 AM

Default IF YOU LIVE in Texas

IF YOU LIVE in Texas

what are your likes about the area.
what are your dislikes ?
Old 04-12-2014, 09:51 AM

I have lived all over Texas and each area has a charm all it's own. Where I live now in the San Antonio area the weather is almost always nice, we have very little very cold weather but right now we are way to dry. There is so much to do here, there is always something exciting going on that almost every one can find to their taste. We have art, music, Broad way shows come here often. We have the Spurs, the River walk Sea World Fiesta Texas, Water parks,the zoo. If you like eating out we have any kind of great food all over town. We have great shopping areas and we are very close to the Gulf with beaches and great fishing. We have several LQS"s and quilt shows. We are not that far from Houston for that great quilt show. We are an hour away from Austin. We have very good hospitals and medical care. We have several good school districts and many University's in town and other towns close by. for the next two weeks we are having our Fiesta city party that will be street party's with food of all kinds and the river parade and the night lit up flamebo parade. There are Churches of any you might be looking for and the people here are so friendly.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:48 AM

I live just outside San Antonio in the Hill Country. I love it! I drive into San Antonio for work everyday. Have your zyrtec ready though....this is the allergy capital I think. lol I'm originally from North Central Texas on the Texas/Oklahoma border. The economy in Texas is still doable and the cost of living cheaper than most other states. And they don't call us the friendly state for nothing! (That excludes drivers in the big cities though.....)
Old 04-12-2014, 12:01 PM

I also live in San Antonio. In addition to the reasons listed above, I like it here because, on the whole, the people in this city are so nice. I have lived in another part of Texas that I will leave nameless so I don't unintentionally offend, and I hated it! The people were always grumbling about something, and when you went into a store, for
example, you'd better be careful going through the door because you'd be likely run down by someone else. San Antonio is just the opposite. People are friendly and caring. I can't imagine moving away from here (except for maybe Hawaii!)
Old 04-12-2014, 12:13 PM

Don't forget to mention the Texas wildflowers on the roadsides and fields in the spring time in Central Texas. Has been dry so that might affect that part of the beauty of living in Texas. I lived in San Antonio and Houston from 1968 to 2000 and go back to San Antonio often as I have kids and grandkids there. The only drawback for me is the humidity. Otherwise what everyone else said.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:12 PM

I live in Spring and love it. Fairly small town feel with big city advantages. Old Town Spring is just on the other side of I-45 from us and it's a world of its own. Always something going on there. Right now it's the crawfish festival. The down side is the heat and humidity in the summer, but that's what air conditioners are for. Also, allergies run rampant, but that's almost anywhere you go.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Power Poster

I live in Canyon Lake. All of the above are the same for us. It is the lack of rain and cost of water plus some allergies-- these are the downfalls. However other areas around us have to have water trucked in so guess we are somewhat lucky. We love it here-friendly people, great neighbors, so serene and quiet. We are quite a long way from home--the Carolinas-- but will stay where we are.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

Well I am from Houston (not there now) but I really miss the Spring rains and all the different greens in the trees and plants. I used to stand out on our front porch (which I also miss) and just wonder at the Beauty of Nature.
Friendly people too. (really miss that) Houston has grown since then and especially since Katrina displaced so many people. Texas itself is a great place to live, I will say that.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:02 PM

Here in Northeast Texas we are in rolling hills, rural area with medium size towns close, and Dallas 2 hours away. Real estate is very reasonable. It is hot and humid in summer, but we like it because it does not get that cold in the winter which we also like. It is a good retirement area with a lot of lakes and water recreation areas. Also a good place to raise families. We are Texans by birth, lived away while in the Navy 20 years, but always knew we would come back home.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:09 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Why? Are you planning a move?