Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If you think you want a treadmill. >

If you think you want a treadmill.

If you think you want a treadmill.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:02 AM

You do see a lot of exercise machines curbside with "Free" signs on them......
Old 06-24-2012, 07:04 AM

And I have an eliptical my husband wanted and seldom used sitting in my living room. A dust collector!!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:15 AM

Lol. But if you do get a treadmill, make sure to get one that you have plenty of room around the handlebar area for all those hangers that will eventually end up on the machine to help dry clothes. Had to laugh, for several years my sister complained and laughed about to others how she came over and found clothes drying on our treadmill. Said it was ridiculous to have such an expensive clothes rack. About a month ago we stopped at her house and what did we find not 6 ft inside her door? Several blouses drying and she was using the belt/deck of the treadmill as a bookcase.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:18 AM

We had a beautiful treadmill that my SIL gave to my dh. He never set foot on it, it made me dizzy. After it sat for a year having stuff piled on it, we finally managed to get it back to her. That was ten years ago, now dh is talking about going out and buying one, is that grounds for committing him.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:15 AM

My youngest sister moved back to Dads with one -only room big enough was the living room and Pops called it the spare closet.He even ran a cloths line off of it for extra hanger space.I love his sense of humor
Old 06-24-2012, 08:54 AM

Our town has a recrecation center with a pool, and all kinds of equipment including 3 treadmills, so I go there when I think I need exercise and it is just $3 each trip. I "need" it at least twice a week but can not motavate myself to go that many times. Laughing here. Is this a sign of old age?
Old 06-24-2012, 10:31 AM

I have one that is the smallest I could get at the time with wheels and it folds up. It lives in my den and I make myself get on it for the news every night. Seems to be working out and it is light enough that I can move it by myself if I am having a large group over. The other plus - I have a VERY active 9-year old great niece that loves to walk on it and it does help to pull off some of her energy. I don't let her walk on it unless I am in the room so I can monitor the safety factor.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:49 AM

I have had a very basic treadmil for maybe six years. I use it on and off. I think when I am using it I would love one with more bells and whistles. I don't allow it to be used as a hanger (maybe the only thing in my house my husband doesn't use as a hanger). When my in-laws visit in the colder months it comes in very handy. They walk regularly at home (usually at the mall with a group) and it keeps them safe from the country roads when visiting us. Scattered traffic in the (hills) can be very dangerous. Travel is fast and vision is limited. So I will keep mine.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:34 PM

An exercise bike holds alot of quilt projects--done and in progress--as well as remnants. Don't ask me how I know . . .
Old 06-24-2012, 12:59 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

We just got rid of our bowflex blaze to our one son-in-law.. hopefully he will use it !! we didn't! but we do have a treadmill that DH uses right now as I am in a walking cast .. LOL so its getting use