I'm in missery

Old 07-23-2011, 01:53 PM

Best friends is Thera-gesic (pain relieving creme) and Bayer Neck & and back pain tablets in achy missery like that. Our Doctor keyed us in on these things.

Use as directed in the instructions. My husband has terrible pain and these really help him when the medical field cannot with his back and neck pain. I even use them on occassion.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:08 PM

I too thought chiropractors were quacks until I was suffering from a back spasm that lasted for weeks.

I couldn't stand up straight,walking, sitting, standing it all hurt.

The dr gave me the pills-flexeril and prescription strenthg Aleve didn't help and finally I broke down and visited a chiropractor...with in minutes of him doing his magic I was pain free,

Oh and he has this magic table with a heat pad, electrical stimulation and a rolling bar thingy that feels like a massage that you lay on.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

Well, good news! I took your advise and laid on the floor like some of you said with my legs on the couch. Then I also laid on my back thing and I feel better. Not gone completely, but am working on it.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:37 PM

I <3 my Chiropractor!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:41 AM

I have done that. I did it cleaning out a sewing box once on the floor, took me 45 minutes to pull myself up.

I lay on the floor, on my back, point your toes and try to stretch them to the wall. At the same time, put your arms straight out over your head then point your fingers and try to stretch them to the other wall. It takes pressure off the spasm'd muscles and relaxes them. There's no cure for a spazzed back, it'll feel better in about three days. Then you remember not to do what you did to cause it again. Not to worry! It never will happen. It'll be when you take clothes out of the dryer, or get out of the car, or mow the lawn, or shovel. (I had to crawl up 13 steps to get into the house when I did shoveling - of course that was oh, give or take, 30 years ago. I am an old pro at this. Oh, yah, and the doctor told me the reason it hurt me so bad was because I was standing straight. That's the key. Stand straight - don't favor it! You'll end up with a dowager's hump if you do. Just a little common sense info here from the straight-backed, old lady! Edie
Old 07-24-2011, 05:03 AM
Suz

I love my chiropractor too, because he is my son. I consider him my primary care giver.

At a health foods store, look for Traumeel in both ointment and tab. My hands are arthritic and once I apply the ointment, I get relief in about 10 minutes. The tabs work well also for joint/muscle pain, but not good for headaches. It is a little pricey, but worth it if it works.

Recently, I had pain in my jaw which was diagnosed TMJ. Steve put on a fingercot and adjusted my jaw. No more pain. Dentists can also do this adjustment.

Good luck. S
Old 07-24-2011, 05:23 AM

My DH has terrible back issues also. He was in the bathroom dressing for work and coughed..out his back went. He said he heard and felt a pop. He like a almost any other man, went to work. The next morning he could not get out of bed. We took him to our local chiropractor (he goes to the Olympics as a Doctor and has been featured on T.V with the ones he helps train)..he did all kinds of motion tests and x-rays..came back and said..no way can he do treatments for my hubby. He did tell him what meds to take and did call our family doctor for pain meds for him as it was a Saturday afternoon about 4pm. Told him what else to do. My hubby ended up needing surgery.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

For me icing and ibuprofen works when I do that.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

I can literally feel your pain, as I have done that before and its' not fun. I've used muscle relaxants and heat that helped some. I'll pray for a speedy recovery from your pain.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by suzee
I grew up with the attitude that chiropractors were "quacks" until I had a similar experience. Just reached over to pick up a stapler and BAM! I spent a week in bed with muscle relaxers that did no good at all. Finally, a friend took me to her chiropractor. Within an hour, I was able to walk upright and pain free. Just sayin' . . . Hope you feel better soon!
Run, don't walk to the nearest chiropractor! I adore mine!