Instagram

Old 05-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Banned

Question Instagram

Hi everyone....

I kinda got hauled (kicking and screaming) onto Instagram a few weeks ago.

I'm *trying* to embrace it. It seems like the very easiest way to share pics of finished items.

Because it's picture-based, I like it alot more than Facebook (I'm still detoxing from there! I don't have time for it)

So... how many of you use IG?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-25-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:39 AM

I follow people but I almost never put up pictures. I should though since I take pics for my blog anyway.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Banned

So I got transplanted to this section...

I'm trying to get used to using IG.

I just put up a 15 second video of this sweet Robin who has a nest right outside my window... she was protecting her babies from hail we just had go through here.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:13 AM

No,,and I don't do Facebook, Twitter or any of the "social networks" I really don't feel the need to share parts of my little life with strangers thruout the world, excepted here, of course,...just me...have fun with your new whatever it is........
Old 05-26-2014, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

I don't do Instagram but enjoy Facebook for what it is. Few friends, and it's a good way for general sharing of nonsensitive things, and doesn't replace the one on one contact. I just "follow" some people on twitter, but don't post anything. I'm sure they don't follow me anyway. Granddaughter does Instagram so maybe when we are up there next month she can show me.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:03 AM

I noticed the OP's instagram was removed from her post. NO idea why since it's not self promotion (she doesn't get any benefit from instagram followers) but if anyone wants to follow it's instagram dot com slash and then her QB username. That robin video is amazing! That poor mama!!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:15 PM
Banned

I'm sincerely just trying to see if IG worth messing with.

The robins were amazing... the last of the babies fledged yesterday.

I can see how it is better than Facebook for sharing pics of the stuff we're working on.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:33 AM

...got a to-be mama robin nest sitting now on the "elbow" of our downspout off the deck of the house...it will be interesting to watch the "family". We get a nester every year....I read somewhere that robins will return and nest in same spots..or near each year....and supposed to be good luck.....
Old 05-27-2014, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

I barely have time for Facebook. Too many more important things to do .... like sewing
Old 05-27-2014, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by solstice3 View Post
I barely have time for Facebook. Too many more important things to do .... like sewing
A lot of us take pictures of our rooms, quilts, etc. It takes all of 3 seconds to put them on instagram so that others can see them. If you truly don't have time, don't do it and don't follow anyone but I don't understand the point of posting so you can say you don't have time.