Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
interested in 2 patterns, as inexpensively as possible.. >

interested in 2 patterns, as inexpensively as possible..

interested in 2 patterns, as inexpensively as possible..

Old 07-17-2011, 06:34 PM

I would love to have the patterns/instructions for the 9 Patch Pizzazz and the Blooming 9 Patch without having to buy the book. When I did a search, all I came up with was to buy the books and that is really not in my budget. Any ideas or suggestions out there?
I could probably figure it out if I had a sketch of the layout, etc. I tried looking at the quilt but couldn't tell the pattern well enough.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:34 PM

Try the library- I get lots of patterns from their books.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:03 PM

I was going to suggest the library, too. How about your local quilt guild? Does it have a lending library?
Old 07-17-2011, 07:06 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

I have been hitting up the library a lot lately ~ with xerox copies only 5-cents, I find the patterns I like, make a copy, then make a 3-ring binder of them... then I make plastic or cardboard templates of the pieces if I have a lot of pieces to cut ... saves loads, and I'm building a nice library of just what I want
Old 07-17-2011, 07:59 PM

Have you tried a "search" on this board for someone who has shared her pictures of one she has made?
Old 07-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Administrator

The only legal way(s) to get those patterns would be to either buy or trade for the book or to search the free pattern sites until you find something similar enough to make you happy. :-)
Old 07-17-2011, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
I have been hitting up the library a lot lately ~ with xerox copies only 5-cents, I find the patterns I like, make a copy, then make a 3-ring binder of them... then I make plastic or cardboard templates of the pieces if I have a lot of pieces to cut ... saves loads, and I'm building a nice library of just what I want
I do the same thing. If I make every quilt that I've saved patterns for, I need to live 83 more years making 1 a month....by then I'll be 143!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:37 AM

I agree, the library is a great resource. My local ones don't carry much in quilting, but they have gotten books from me from outside the state. I won't buy a book before seeing it, and have been know to order them after being able to take them out of the library because they have been so good. Other times, I'm glad I just borrowed them!
Old 07-18-2011, 06:56 AM

We live way out in the country and our local libraries are quite small. What I didn't think about tho, was that they can borrow from the larger city libraries. What a good idea!! Thank you ladies for reminding me of that!!
Old 07-18-2011, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by quilting cat
Have you tried a "search" on this board for someone who has shared her pictures of one she has made?
Yes, I did try that, but just couldn't tell from looking at the photos how they were put together. I could tell how neat and pretty they were tho. :D