iPad 2: Your opinion?

Old 12-03-2012, 05:43 PM

Default iPad 2: Your opinion?

Have any of you tried out an iPad 2, or want one?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

Love my iPad 2! I am using it to type this reply. I can easily post pictures to QB. I even managed to post a tutorial with pictures, something I never would have been able to do from my computer.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:48 AM

Love mine! Easy to travel with. Tablets do not replace laptops tho...if you create documents and download programs you also need a PC. There are no slots to attach printers ( you must have a wireless printer). You wont be able to use it for your embroidery programs for example. You cannot view videos if they are Adobe Flash only.

I love my Ipad as an additional device to surf the internet. There are lots of apps. Check out Itunes and search for some that interest you. I use the radio apps. Ebay apps. Craigslist app.

And yes, snap a pic and upload it from the Ipad.

Sandy
Old 12-04-2012, 04:53 AM

I just bought an Ipad 2 a couple weeks ago and I like it! It does NOT replace my computer, although I can do a lot with it! I decided on the Ipad 2 because I didn't want to spend more than what that cost, and yet I wanted apple to do facetime with my family in TX. That meant I wanted the bigger screen, so I elected on the Ipad2 vs the mini. We have a notebook pc too and it is just too small for me to like. I have a wireless printer so I can print from it as well. Yep, I like it! My dil loves hers.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:56 AM

I love my Ipad, use it daily. Its very versatile. Takes photos, does email, many free apps. I would definitely get one if I had it to do over. The IPad 3 didn't have enough upgrades to warrant buying one though.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:58 AM

I have the IPad 3 and love it not the 2.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 AM

I have an Ipad 1 and love it. I'd like the camera in the Ipad 2 for Facetime, but I can live without it.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 AM

My son passed down his iPad 2 to me and I love it. I gave my iPad (first generation) to my granddaughter who was grateful to have it. I'm still more comfortable browsing and typing on my Mac Book Pro but I took the iPad on vacation with me recently in order to check my email and favorite websites. I take it along when visiting my children too. I have access to tons of OLD family photos on it which I share while traveling out of state to visit relatives.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 AM

[QUOTE=Sandygirl;5697341... You wont be able to use it for your embroidery programs for example. You cannot view videos if they are Adobe Flash only...
Sandy[/QUOTE]
However, you can get one embroidery editor for the iPad, though it does support a limited number of file formats:
http://www.stitchbuddy.de/ipad/

And I've seen that there are apps for viewing Flash on an iPad, though I don't know how well they work.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by countryone77 View Post
However, you can get one embroidery editor for the iPad, though it does support a limited number of file formats:
http://www.stitchbuddy.de/ipad/

And I've seen that there are apps for viewing Flash on an iPad, though I don't know how well they work.
This App is $29. It allows you to tweak designs...i will still need to email them to and from my PC to do so. Kind of worthless for me. I don't edit designs now.

So...how then, how do i transfer designs from Ipad to my CompacFlash only embroidery machine? You cannot. I still need my PC for that.

Amazon has a fix for accessing files, books, movies that require Flash. My public library uses Overdrive for digital books.
S

Last edited by Sandygirl; 12-10-2012 at 09:38 AM.