Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
iPad 3, anyone planning to get one? >

iPad 3, anyone planning to get one?

iPad 3, anyone planning to get one?

Old 03-09-2012, 09:55 AM

Have always wondered do these devices add to your monthly cable bill -- (shows how much I know about them).
Old 03-09-2012, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by grocifer View Post
Have always wondered do these devices add to your monthly cable bill -- (shows how much I know about them).
No....most are just Wi-Fi so if you have Wi-Fi in your house already, nothing will change. I think right now the IPad is the only one with 3G options, not sure if it is like my Kindle where I have access to any service or if it is an extra charge with a certain carrier.

As for the OP question, I opted for the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet. I just don't like the restrictions you have with Apple's OS. I love my tablet! My daughter loves my tablet because of the Zoodles Kid Mode I put on it. lol I would just research and see what fits your lifestyle and wants. Then go to a store like Best Buy to look at them and compare size and screen display.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by tngal22 View Post

As for the OP question, I opted for the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet. I just don't like the restrictions you have with Apple's OS.
What restrictions are there with Apple's OS?

I do have to laugh at myself. Frequently I will spend time research a tablet and announce to my DH 'for sure I am going to get... ', only to research a different tablet another day and be convinced that 'it' is the best. Trouble is that not one tablet has it all together. If they could just put their efforts together and combine all the best features, it would help me tremendously! LOL

Great advice mentioned on here a few times about going to BestBuy and playing with all of them to see which you think you would like the best.

Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 03-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:35 PM

This might seem a silly question but. Can you watch movies on a tablet? Do you have to pay to watch a movie? If so approx how much does it cost, I would love to be able to watch movies as I don't sleep very well
Old 03-13-2012, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by kamaiarigby View Post
This might seem a silly question but. Can you watch movies on a tablet? Do you have to pay to watch a movie? If so approx how much does it cost, I would love to be able to watch movies as I don't sleep very well

I believe that if you have a Netflix account you can watch movies. Or maybe you can watch movies through the Kindle app on a tablet. So much to learn... it boggles my mind sometimes.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:43 AM

If you want the iPad 3 I've heard there is already a long waiting list and they are back ordered. It has a cool stylus; the end looks like a paint brush; I think you have to buy it as an option.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
I believe that if you have a Netflix account you can watch movies. Or maybe you can watch movies through the Kindle app on a tablet. So much to learn... it boggles my mind sometimes.
You can watch movies on the Nook Color and the Nook Tablet and I think the simple touch.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:31 PM

I use my Apple I-pad daily. I use it most of the time when I read this site. I will up grade from my 1 to 3 in the very near future. For me this system is so user friendly. I'm looking forward to the Skype and camera options which my #1 does not have. I even bought a book for dummies for the I-pad2, so I'm prepared when I get my new device. The capabilities are close to the #2, major difference is the resolution and picture clarify on the screen, plus it has something-4, which is is faster on line speed. This will be my next investment for sure.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:53 AM

My husband and I have the Galaxy tablet 7" and love them. We use them A LOT. I even bought a vera bradley small hipster bag that it will fit in it perfectly. Now i can carry it every where with me lol. I tried for months to make a bag that i would like for it, but none of them seemed to work well. But the vera hipster did!

Good luck. It is a hard decision to make when it comes to the tablets.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:38 PM

I'm posting from my iPad 3 and I love it! My DH has an iPad 2 and he never puts it down, so I decided to treat myself to a new one. I am really happy so far. The screen resolution is amazing and the quilt pictures on here are incredible.