Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
iPad 3, anyone planning to get one? >

iPad 3, anyone planning to get one?

iPad 3, anyone planning to get one?

Old 03-18-2012, 06:43 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

We have the Ipad 2 & 3.. its funny we can 'facetime' pad to pad and pad to phone... Hubby lives on his.. I use mine from time time.. I got his 2 hand me down when his 3 came in.. Im not complaing.. its great to keep my lil one occupied..
Old 03-18-2012, 07:35 PM

My DH just surprised me with the new I-Pad 3 for our 37th anniversary. Funny, I am not really what you would call "computer literate"-more "computer challenged", so it is a bit much for me at this point. I had actually "hinted" that I wanted the Kindle Fire so I could read in bed and download books instead of buying them since we travel overseas twice a year. Never did I expect he would do this. Once my youngest son (26) saw it, he played with it, and taught me how to use some of it. He loved it so much, he asked me to leave it home when I go overseas next month!! FAT CHANCE I told him! Today, I find out DH actually bought 2 of them (pre-ordered), the other for my sister who didn't even ask for it. He thought she might want it, but she hasn't confirmed. Sooooo- my son just bought it from my DH!!! He has Netflex on his for a monthly fee like $7.99 or so, and he downloaded it on my I-pad so I can use his password and also watch all these free movies and TV shows for no extra charge. He downloaded a program called "Pandora" which has all the free music I want-really neat. I just have to learn how to use it on this board! I imagine I will be learning how to use it for some months to come! I still use my laptop for my e-mails and the Quiltingboard, though!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:50 AM

I have an Ipad 2 and love love it! I consulted a good friend of mine who convinced me to buy it and I figured that he would upgrad AGAIN to the new Ipad...he is not. He felt that the screen clarity,etc was targeting "gamers" of which we are not. So, I figure if HE was staying put for now...I would too.

BUT, my hubby asked me if I was going to buy the new one for myself so that I would give him my current Ipad2. hmmm...our anniversary is looming sooo I am thinking of buying the latest Ipad for HIM. He does not have a tablet yet and since his remark...perhaps he wants one now. I did mention to him that I would buy one for him for our anniversary and now I think, he is going to start "shopping" and comparing the tablets on the market to see which one he really wants. He is an IT professional so I will sit tight until he tells me which tablet he really wants for himself. ah, nothing is simple is it? Sandy
Old 03-21-2012, 07:46 AM

OK, I have studied and studied which tablet has all that I want... and can't really make up my mind.

So, yesterday I ordered a Kindle Keyboard wi-fi/3g. I got it for $100 tax and all, free shipping. I figure that will hold me while I continue to watch the tablet competition. Can't wait for it to arrive!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:27 AM

i think ipads 1 2 3 are way to high i just baught a coby kyros internet tablet more my price. it does every thing i need to do email. ebay. quilt board.craigslist. games. you tube videos.