Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ISO: T-Shirt Dress Pattern? Directions? Help?

My little girl's birthday is today. Hard to believe my little girl is 4 today. :cry: Thought about making her a little t-shirt dress to run around in today. She loves to dress up. ;) Can anyone help? My computer is going slow tonight and I just can't find anything.

TIA,
    Angie

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I use to make my little girls' dresses by gathering a favorite fabric and sew on the bottom of a t shirt and applique something cute with the material on the front of the shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn
    I use to make my little girls' dresses by gathering a favorite fabric and sew on the bottom of a t shirt and applique something cute with the material on the front of the shirt.
    You didn't use elastic or anything? There are SO many different kinds out there. I am really wanting to try it but don't want to mess up and waste my fabric. LOL ;) Plus, if it looks horrible I won't let her leave the house! LOL!!!

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    The second link explains it well, though I preferred to put my fabric flowers where you'd pin a corsage. I think the top looks too plain otherwise. I also did fun things with the sleeves if I used a basic T shirt. Vertical gathers with cute buttons or bows worked out well.

I made one, it's not perfect. I didn't really have a pattern or real good directions at 2 am but she seems to like it ok. ;)

Here's my baby on her 4th Birthday with a T-Shirt Dress. ;)
    Name:  Attachment-273790.jpe
Views: 126
Size:  9.5 KB

Cute!

I used to make dresses like this for my girls using holiday prints. i used sweatshirts for with some also.