Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • It's almost that time again, (no, not the holidays..) >
  • It's almost that time again, (no, not the holidays..)

• It's almost that time again, (no, not the holidays..)

Old 10-14-2012, 05:17 AM

very smart!! do you remember what the price was then?
    Old 10-14-2012, 05:25 AM

I use priority boxes all the time to send our son items, he's in HI. The only other service would cost me over $100 since you have to pay 2nd day air, at the least. He gets priority in 3-4 days. Have only ever had one problem and it was resolved when package was found. I also send 15-20 cards a month, yes even with e-mail. Many older folk have no computers and no one to teach them how to be used. I frequent a small substation and the owners of the little store are so nice and very helpful.

Please think about sending more cards and correspondence thru USPS, it's the only way there is if you want to send a special greeting to one minus electronics. When it's gone, it's gone.
    Old 10-14-2012, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Needles
    I use priority boxes all the time to send our son items, he's in HI. The only other service would cost me over $100 since you have to pay 2nd day air, at the least. He gets priority in 3-4 days. Have only ever had one problem and it was resolved when package was found. I also send 15-20 cards a month, yes even with e-mail. Many older folk have no computers and no one to teach them how to be used. I frequent a small substation and the owners of the little store are so nice and very helpful.

Please think about sending more cards and correspondence thru USPS, it's the only way there is if you want to send a special greeting to one minus electronics. When it's gone, it's gone.
    I rarely use any other delivery service other than the post office. The price is right (even with increases) and delivery time is a non issue. A couple of years ago, several of our post offices closed in our city. Now there isn't one on every corner but that is okay. Never more than a mile or two from one. They are also considering going to a 5 day delivery week and of course people are getting their panties in a wad - "My bills will come in late, my payments will be late, etc. I really don't think one day less would make that much of a difference. JMHO!
    Old 10-14-2012, 05:58 AM

My little PO is on the endangered list and it is quite a way into town, so it is bite the bullet and pay and pray it stays open.
    Old 10-14-2012, 08:32 AM

My PO is going to be cut back to half days, probably. I think I supply about 50% of their business with all the packages I mail.
    Old 10-14-2012, 10:21 AM

Just another example of government beaurocracy at work! Too many chiefs (with FAT paychecks) and not enough Indians! I sure wish someone who had an idea of what real people do and how we live would get elected. Until then, we won't see any change.
    Old 10-14-2012, 02:26 PM

If they would charge ONE price for all (letter/postcard, business, advertisement) I think it would be fairer and then maybe we would get less crap mail in our mailboxes each day but especially during election season! Except for advertising that I request (Hancock's, JoAnn's), my bills and greeting cards and a rare letter (all my family uses email...even my mother who died 6 years ago at age 93 did), the rest hits the trash without even being looked at. I don't think I am alone or that our family is unique.

Last edited by blueheavenfla; 10-14-2012 at 02:34 PM.