Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It's TAX DAY - let's have some humor!

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Anyone have any silly, stupid, humorous, or just plain odd tax laws in your area that you would like to share, to give us a laugh today?

This is ONLY to make us laugh. Not to make us sad, or mad, or bad... or even to start any serious discussions.

Just for laughs! Otherwise dear Patrice will be upset with me for starting it. And we love you, Patrice, for always trying to guide our conversations toward the sunny side of life! :D :lol: :-D

I'll start by mentioning New York State's bagel law:

If I go to Tim Horton's (our local coffee-donut-and-bagel chain) and order a plain bagel, not sliced or toasted, then I don't pay tax. But if they slice it or toast it or butter it, then I pay tax.

I'm sure Texas has some odd tax laws, but I can't find any right now. I did find this one:

A recently passed anti-crime laws requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and explain to the nature of the crime about to be committed.

I'm reminded of Ankh-Morpork Thieves guild where if you pay a fee you do not get robbed that year, and if you do get robbed the guild takes care of the problem - generally by putting at the bottom of the river...

Blog Entries
    I remember when my cousins lived in Chicago while we were growing up when there were still soda fountains in drug stores.

Fountain soda drinks in Chicago were taxed higher than if it came in a bottle or can

Blog Entries
    Actually, Monday's tax day this year. :-D

http://www.efile.com/tax-day-deadlines/

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you're right, technically it is the 18th but the 15th is always so very much more memorable for me... :?

Quote Originally Posted by redkimba
    I'm sure Texas has some odd tax laws, but I can't find any right now. I did find this one:

A recently passed anti-crime laws requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and explain to the nature of the crime about to be committed.

I'm reminded of Ankh-Morpork Thieves guild where if you pay a fee you do not get robbed that year, and if you do get robbed the guild takes care of the problem - generally by putting at the bottom of the river...
    HUH!!!! a criminal required to give advance notice to their victims?????????? ROFLMAO!!!!

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    This is from Blythe California. There are old laws that are still on the record in most states. Too funny.
    Check out this site. www.idiotlaws.com
    It's illegal to wear cowboy boots unless you own atleast 2 cows.
    crafty_linda_b

Blog Entries
    It's illegal to wear cowboy boots unless you own atleast 2 cows.
    crafty_linda_b[/quote]
    ==============================
    Is that in Blythe? Dang, I have a son there who's a guard in a prison..should I visit I'll have to not wear my super comfy cowboy lace up ropers!! And I can't walk far without them, due to a long ago broken ankle.

2 cows? What about 2 cats?

Blog Entries
    Here's an iowa law:

It is a violation of the law to sell or distribute drugs or narcotics without having first obtained the appropriate Iowa drug tax stamp

The humor here is.....

We are actually getting one!!...haha
    and
    One from the state too!! But I am not holding my breath on that one until it arrives.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast